Contracts Management, Senior
Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Contracts Management, Senior
Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products.
If you are you looking for a career where you can have a significant positive impact on nationally critical programs, and serve some of your country’s most important and dynamic security missions? A job where you can grow and learn? Do you want to be part of an environment that encourages and supports employees to think big, perform with quality and build incredible products?
Join our Contracts team and become a part of something special in support of these missions. Our team needs people with strong business skills and a desire to grow and develop their careers in contract management.
The successful candidate thrives in autonomous and creative environments supporting dynamic onsite classified programs. The role requires strong understanding of contracts management in order to support the prime contract lifecycle…from proposal preparation and strategy through submittal, negotiations, execution, and closeout.
The successful candidate will work closely and frequently with internal functional organizations such as finance, estimating, program management, engineering, subcontracts, and our external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, generating and recommending solutions for complex contractual matters, developing a contracts strategy for proposals and contract execution, actively developing and navigating diverse customer relationships, creating risk assessments and mitigation plans for program use, assisting the leadership team on unique assignments that require contractual expertise and leadership. Teammates also have the opportunity to support on-boarding of new employees and facilitate a fun and positive learning environment!
What You Might Do:
Proposal Preparation and Coordination
○ Review and evaluate customer Requests for Proposal (RFP) for new business efforts and/or modifications to existing contracts.
○ Provide contractual recommendations, conduct risk assessments and create mitigation plans, and propose alternative approaches to contract execution through contract language revisions.
○ Coordinate proposal generation and submission, collaborate with other functional areas to investigate and reconcile significant contract changes that frequently impact cost, schedule, technical specifications, etc.
Contract Management and Negotiations
○ Collaborate with associated functional organizations and customers to ensure conformance with contractual obligations, remain cognizant of potential or existing problem areas, and implement required corrective actions.
○ Develop and apply advanced contractual concepts, techniques, and standards to assigned duties.
○ Develop and apply solutions to complex problems which require a high degree of ingenuity, contractual creativity, and innovation.
○ Continuously evaluate and oversee contract performance.
○ Create and maintain enduring relationships with internal and external customers to facilitate timely and transparent communications.
○ Ensures final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
○ Ensure timely contract closure by initiating closeout activities as required by terms and conditions.
○ Create contract closeout schedules and coordinate with functional areas to drive closure of administrative tasks as required by company policies and federal regulations.
To be successful, you will need to possess these basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education,
• 5+ years of professional experience,
• You will need to be a US Citizen, and currently possess and be able to maintain a US TOP SECRET clearance (SCI Eligible), to support this government contract, as well as successfully pass a drug and background check, in order to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To be successful, ideally, you should also have:
• Experience negotiation and managing various contract types,
• Knowledge of acquisition regulations (FAR, DFAR),
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills,
• Multi-task in a fast-paced team environment and work well under pressure
• Possess effective relationship-building skills with peers, leadership, and suppliers
• You bring positivity and enthusiasm to every project you touch. In addition to the work, you love being part of a team and working collaboratively through the process.
PLEASE NOTE-Other important information:
• By applying to this role, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities, within Lockheed Martin, where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match.
• Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
• Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• This position does not support teleworking; the preferred candidate will be located near our Lockheed Martin Space facility in either Denver, CO or Sunnyvale, CA.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package here.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
We are creating a better today and tomorrow by seamlessly aligning diversity and inclusion efforts with Lockheed Martin’s values and business strategy. We offer business resource groups such as African American Council for Excellence (AACE), The Women’s Impact Network (WIN), Hispanic Organization for Leadership & Awareness (HOLA), Military/Veterans Network, PRIDE LGBT Professional Network, and more. We are also committed to enabling transitioning veterans to connect with their communities and find new purpose as they reintegrate into civilian life. By clicking on the links, you can find out more on how we proudly support Global Diversity and Hiring Our Heroes
At Space we value your skills, training, and education. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee… join us to experience your future! Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $76,100 - $126,900 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.