Technical Cyber Intel Analyst
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Technical Cyber Intel Analyst
The DoD-Defense Industrial Base Collaborative Information Sharing Environment (DCISE) is the operational hub for DoD’s Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cybersecurity Program, focused on protecting intellectual property and safeguarding DoD content residing on or transiting contractor unclassified networks. DCISE develops and shares actionable threat products, performs cyber analysis and diagnostics, and provides remediation consults for DIB partners. The successful Senior Cyber Intel Analyst candidate will support the Analytics Division (AD). AD conducts cyber analysis on information submitted by DIB Partners, the DoD and other USG-related reporting to provide a complete understanding of known or potential threats to unclassified DoD information on or transiting DIB systems and networks. This position supports the Tactical Operations Branch that daily functions are related to processing of voluntary and mandatory incident reports as well as Malware Analysis, Customer Response Form (CRF), CRF Supplements, and Partner Engagement. This analyst position is responsible for processing and analyzing indicator of compromise (IOC) based incident reports, coupled with data enrichment via OSINT, and creating the CRF threat product for our Partners and USG Stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Comprehensive understanding of APT TTPs and indicators of compromise (IOC)
• Experience writing detailed threat reports, based on own analytic initiative and using multi-source intelligence and narrative analysis, which lead to a supported conclusion
• Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain Model, Diamond Model or MITRE ATT&CK
Desired skills :
• Two to four years SOC experience
• Several years of IC experience
• Expertise with VirusTotal Intelligence, DomainTools Iris
• Industry certifications; GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GWAPT, GCFA, GREM, GXPN
• Ability to develop Yara or Snort signatures
• Minimum of five years of experience tracking and profiling APT groups
• A working understanding of cyber threat intelligence platforms to collect and correlate cyber threat information
• Deep understanding of operating systems: file structures, processes, services, and application execution
• Understanding of malware functionality, static and dynamic analysis, and ability to identify IOCs, attributes and understanding of signatures
• Experience performing focused research and analysis to write complete, accurate, relevant and timely cyber threat intelligence reports to support network defense
• Ability to create and present compelling briefings to relay relevant cyber threat information to technical and non-technical audiences
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines
• Experience with basic usage of languages such as , Powershell, Bash for automation and data analysis Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.