Cyber Intel Analyst
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Intel Analyst
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:This position is participating in our External Referral Program. If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3000 payment! code-extrefer
The organization is the operational hub for DoD’s Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cybersecurity Program, focused on protecting intellectual property and safeguarding DoD content residing on or transiting contractor unclassified networks. The organization develops and shares actionable threat products, performs cyber analysis and diagnostics, and provides remediation consults for DIB partners. The successful Cyber Intel Analyst candidate will support the Analytics Division (AD). AD conducts cyber analysis on information submitted by DIB Partners, the DoD and other USG-related reporting to provide a complete understanding of known or potential threats to unclassified DoD information on or transiting DIB systems and networks. This position supports the Applied Research Branch that daily functions are related to processing of Threat Activity Reports (TARs), Cyber Targeting Analysis Reports (CTARs), Alerts, Warnings, and other risk-based analysis. This analyst position is also responsible for the downgrade and release of information derived from USG sources through Cyber Threat Bulletins (CTBs) and Threat Information Products (TIPs) for our DIB Partners.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master’s degree.
• Experience performing cyber threat analysis based on Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) for event correlation, data enrichment, and threat hunting.
• An understanding of common tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of
Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) cyber activity.
• Experience with Microsoft Word to track changes, adding comments and adding line numbers.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel – to manipulate spreadsheets, create graphs and workbooks and create charts, graphs, and pivot tables for data analysis, aggregation, event correlation.
• Experience writing various types of cyber threat products tailored to computer network defenders.
• Interim Secret Required
Desired skills :
• Certifications: CEH, GCTI, GOSI, OSCP, GCED, GDAT, GDSA, GRID, GEVA, GPEN, GXPN
• Technical Skills Proficiency in basic malware analysis or digital computer
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint to filter, calculate, and display data to make analysis more efficient
• Expert level Microsoft PowerPoint skills – can communicate and translate information
into presentation slides – any executive level presentation building is a plus, Slide Master expertise is critical
• Technical education (formal or informal) on network communication, net defense, and common attack techniques
• Very high attention to detail and desire to learn and contribute
• Demonstrated motivation to maintain awareness of current cybersecurity and threat intelligence news and trends
• Must have experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.