Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst (Clearance Required)
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst (Clearance Required)
Ideal candidate is an experienced cyber intelligence analyst or law enforcement/counterintelligence (LE/CI) analyst or agent, who has applied their mastery of cyber threat intelligence, intelligence analysis techniques, and sources and methods to produce high quality analysis products for the last 5 years.
This position requires a TS/SCI security clearance, and only candidates with a current TS/SCI clearance will be considered.
Candidates with CI Poly preferred, but not necessary to start.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experienced in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication, installation, malware types), intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch) and open source information collection.
• Experience with Domain Name Service records.
• Experienced with Cyber Threat Intelligence principles to include indicators of compromise (IOC) types, indicator pivoting and indicator attribution strength.
• Experience with intelligence analysis methods, develop hypothesis, prove/disprove relationships, always ask why, defend your analysis, and apply attribution to cyber threat activity.
• Experience with confidence-based assessments for purposes of attribution based on their technical analysis of network traffic, multi-source data, malware and system forensic analysis.
• Experienced presenting technical information and analysis to groups up to 50 persons on a quarterly basis and experience briefing smaller groups up to 10 persons on a weekly basis
• Formal training as an intelligence analyst in any discipline graduate of US Govt intelligence analysis course: CAC, IBC, Kent School, IC 101, Analysis 101, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc
• Experience applying Kill Chain analysis, Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) modeling, or Diamond modeling of cyber threat activity
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA
• Advanced NETFLOW and PCAP Analysis
• Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools
• Technical Skills proficiency: Python language, encryption technologies/standards
• Intermediate malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience
• Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement or Counterintelligence experience
• Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity
• Experience using COTS/Open Source tools: Novetta Cyber Analytics, Mitre ChopShop and/or ARL DSHELL
• Analyst experience in Federal Cyber Center, NSA, or Corporate CIRT
• Candidate must be able to identify analytic bias. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Intelligence Analyst Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.