Procurement Rep Sr - Subcontracts Trainee
Description:Are you looking for a JOB where you can have a significant positive impact on the warfighter? A job where you can grow and learn? Then look no further and apply today! Lockheed Martin's Missiles & Fire Control, SOF GLSS (Special Operations Forces - Global Logistic Sustainment Services) contract provide logistics and
sustainment supporting multiple programs and platforms.
With an established supply base around the world we are currently seeking a highly experienced supply chain/ acquisition professional to join our Global Supply Chain
Management team in the Lexington, KY area.
This position will support in the management of procurement/supplier management activities where experience with - DFAR / FAR is required.
The individual will manage procurement of material from multiple commodities to support program requirements.
Roles and responsibilities of this position will include, and not be limited to:
• Prepare Request for Quotes and evaluate bids/proposals received
• Conduct moderate to complex negotiations for best value, delivery schedule, and Terms and Conditions
• Executing a variety of fixed price and cost type contracts
• Support reviews and Bill of Material accuracy
• Create purchase order folders in accordance with the applicable requirements and issue Purchase Orders
• Identify and develop relationships with new suppliers to broaden the supply chain base
• Analyze all aspects of contract execution and performance.
• Hold suppliers to deliverable requirements and work suppler corrective actions to resolutions when issues arise
• Maintaining constant communication with Program Management to ensure all requirements are met
• Responsible for reporting contract status during multi-weekly Program meetings and as changes develop
Lexington, is in the heart of the Bluegrass and is the second-largest city in Kentucky, known as the "Horse Capital of the World". The surrounding region is a great place to live and to raise a family with an abundance of government and technology jobs. Where can you get to from Lexington? Louisville is about a 90 minute drive to the east. Cincinnati, Ohio is about 2 hours to the north. Indianapolis, Indiana is about 3 hours to the Northwest. Nashville, TN is about 4 hours SouthWest.
Benefits of Employment: To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
• Proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Procurement or Acquisition Experience
• Ability to conduct data analysis or research and/or understanding of negotiations
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentations)
• Creative problem solver who can apply critical thinking * skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team structure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Experience managing simple to moderate subcontracts
• Familiar with FAR/DFARs
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiar with Lockheed Martin Acquisition Procedures (LMAP)
• Experience managing complex purchases
• Developing and operating to contractor statements of work (CSOW) for subcontracts
• Experience building compliant procurement files
• Experience creating and maintaining Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) compliant procurement packages and maintaining compliance to regulatory requirements at various thresholds
• Working knowledge of standard US Department of Defense contract types
• SAP systems experience
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leader
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The application window will close in 90 days; applicants are encouraged to apply within 5 - 30 days of the requisition posting date in order to receive optimal consideration.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CTRL (S0806)
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Purchasing/Procurement/Supply Chain
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.