Systems Engineer Staff (Level 4) - Skunk Works
Las Vegas, Nevada
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer Staff (Level 4) - Skunk Works
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs) is seeking world class talent in Mission Systems to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition of making history in advanced aircraft development.
The successful candidate will be a deployed member of the Sensors Integrated Product Team (IPT), representing the IPT and supporting the on-site Customer and Company Field Service Teams in resolving and documenting issues arising from operations and/or maintenance of integrated Air Vehicle Sensors. The successful candidate will be supporting Sensor operations and testing in support of on-site development and operational test events.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist senior factory Project Engineers in developing and producing hardware and software test requirements, plans, and specifications in support of design improvements and enhancements of either embedded or emerging Sensor development projects.
Applicant should have extensive experience with air vehicle operations and maintenance and/or flight test.
Applicant must be capable of working independently in all aspects fault analysis and identification as well as executing system level procedural solutions based on limited information. Applicant must be comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment. Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants selected may be required travel up to 25% of the time, work in austere remote locations, and accept assignment to locations to support customer requirements, including accepting customer furnished quarters.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport and comply with mobility requirements such as deployment training, receive applicable vaccinations, and pass an overseas physical.
The selected candidate must be a US citizen and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (including an investigation within the last 5 years). The candidate must possess and be able to maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance and be able to obtain a SAP/SAR clearance.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Las Vegas, NV
• STEM or related technical degree
• System development, operations or maintenance experience of military sensors, avionics, navigation or communications equipment
Direct experience in one or more of the following domains:
- RF Signals and Signal Processing
- Navigation Systems
- EO/IR Imaging Systems
- Weapons Integration
- Missions Systems Computing Environments
- System Network Architecture Designs
- Communications Datalink
- Systems Information Assurance
- Vehicle Mission Planning Systems
Experience in developing and providing classroom instruction for air vehicle Sensors, Avionics, and/or mission systems.
Position involves significant interaction and continued interface with Company and Customer personnel at all levels; Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to manage and track engineering and logistics support activities
Operations and Maintenance and/or Flight Test Experience
Familiarity with Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
• Familiarity with the product development lifecycle
• Good with working in a Team Environment
• Experience with supplier management and customer interface
• Experience working special access programs
• Experience with Integration & Test
• Experience working on complex technical problems and working through technical evaluations, compilation of results, and development of recovery-plans/options
• Experience with cross-functional teams focused on design, fabrication, installation, and testing of avionic components
Must also demonstrate the following:
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Strong decision making and judgment
• Independent and self-motivated
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/ solutions (e.g., Microsoft Office) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.