Systems Engineer Senior Stf
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Rockville, Maryland
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer Senior Stf
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Rockville, Maryland
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to work with:
• Algorithms and techniques to modify 3GPP (designed for terrestrial operation) 4G/5G standards, for operating over satellite, HAPs, and other non-traditional deployment
• Modeling and simulation of modifications to establish feasibility and performance
• Actual updates of 3GPP standards to create LM-initiated standard for SATCOM – to be published
• Interaction/collaboration with other interested 3GPP parties on creating more broadly accepted standard for SATCOM/HAPCom/etc.
• Generating requirements for a specific SATCOM, HAPCom, etc. system
• Working with terminal modem chip vendors (who are 3GPP compliant) to modify their products for operating over satellite, HAPs, etc.
• Working with base station modem vendors (who are 3GPP compliant) to modify their products for operating over satellite, HAPs, etc.
• Guiding any LM internal development of areas no vendors can do
Direct tangible experience and understanding leading systems and software engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes and practices. Agile leader duties include facilitation of Incremental Planning Events and activities, escalation and removal of team impediments, management of risk and the drive for continuous improvement.
Demonstrated strong background in full lifecycle of Systems Engineering, such as:
• Experience in both cellular and satellite communications
• Communications System modeling and analysis
• Requirements analysis and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
• Proficiency in RF network analysis and simulation and in developing top-level system specifications
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Concept operations development
• Requirements definition, refinement, and management (requirements decomposition and allocation)
• Acceptance testing (verification and validation experience)
• Defining, developing and documenting overarching engineering processes and procedures for ensuring consistent engineering practices are applied across segments
• Scheduling and planning the integrated master schedule (IMS)
• Supporting program reviews (CCB, ERB, ROMB,TEMS)
Experience in mission domain
Experience with development of system test plans and multiple test types to include functional testing, demonstrations, analysis/simulations. Experience with test case development. Experience with test report development
Experience leading reviews such as:
• Relevant SW & HW Systems Development
• Increment and experimentation reviews at the closure of increments
• Demonstrations at the system and segment level
• Retrospectives at the system and segment level
• Developing metrics collection and reporting process Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Network Systems Engineers Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.