Systems Engineer - Information Technology Manager
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer - Information Technology Manager
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
The qualified candidate will lead employees on the AEHF Development Environment team as their functional leader as well as leading the daily activities for their projects. The candidate will be responsible to carry out functional leadership, programmatic leadership, technical leadership and/or Cost Account Management (CAM) roles on the program based on the candidates experiences.
As a functional leader, responsibilities include (but not limited to) LM Commit, Salary Planning and Discussions, Mentoring, Career Discussions, Staffing, Training, Talent Management, employee recognition and disciplinary actions. The candidate will have a proven track record where they have exhibited strong Full Spectrum Leadership skills, a commitment to Diversity & Inclusion as well as being able to effectively balance their workload between both their functional, programmatic and CAM assignments showing strong communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills by effectively holding the team accountable to meet their schedule milestones.
Programmatic responsibilities will include (but not limited to) managing the infrastructure and COTS integration activities to support the AEHF development environment and develop future virtual and Cloud environments for the development teams. The qualified candidate will also have working experience in programmatic planning and managing OS/COTS upgrades in the Development and Operational Environment. The candidate will manage COTS development and integration activities by coordinating resource allocations and engaging in technical discussions. The candidate will have a proven track record to work with internal and external stakeholders (i.e., sub-contractors and vendors) to ensure project milestones are completed on time.
The Candidate will ensure timely delivery of the technical products meeting all customer and quality requirements. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
• Has content authority for the Program Backlog. They are responsible for identifying Customer needs, prioritizing Features, guiding the work through the Program Backlog and developing the program Vision and Roadmap.
• Owns the content authority for the team Product Backlog. Interface with customers to understand their needs, prioritize capabilities, create the Solution vision and roadmap, define requirements, and guide work.
• Responsibility for continuously defining, prioritizing, and validating requirements. Defines What, Why and When for Dev Teams.
• Coordinates with the teams. Insures customer and development team bi-lateral communication.
The qualified candidate will have overall experience in managing the Environment team labor cost control accounts to ensure cost and schedule variances are identified and addressed promptly, and that the earned value management is implemented. This includes managing the Space business rhythm for head count, thread and opportunity, ETC and other reporting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as a full spectrum leader with a proven track record.
- Demonstrated experience leading project activities for either software or infrastructure technology deployments.
- Previous experience supporting ECPs/proposals and translating into the development environment or infrastructure or service layer needs.
- Previous experience as a cost account manager or demonstrated knowledge of earned value management.
- Strong personnel functional management skills
- The candidate will show strong problem-solving & communication skills with a proven background on a development contract.
- Agile experience
- Version One or Jira experience
- Git, Github, Rational ClearCase/ClearQuest products
- Development environments including Tools, Processes and scheduling.
- Experience with System Administration tasks (which could include knowledge/work with Windows, Linux, Virtualization, Storage, etc.)
– Out of the box thinker - willing to take different approaches to problems.
- Process champion
- Experience with System Engineering and requirements definition
- Will have the ability to understand Protected MilSatCom Mission Planning development environment requirements.
- Working knowledge of Operational Sustainment and Support Environment projects, tools, processes.
- Experienced with managing multiple activities across different projects.
- Experience with security/RMF requirements, STIGS. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.