King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
The Mission Solutions Business Area of Lockheed Martin Space in King of Prussia, PA is seeking an experienced, creative, and high energy IT Systems Engineer with recent and relevant skills to support multiple programs, including Glacier.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of multiple complex IT environments consisting of a wide variety of hardware and software running at several USG classification levels. The position involves configuration and monitoring of dozens of virtualized servers hosted on VMWare ESXi hypervisors within a Data Center environment. Several operating systems, including RedHat Linux 7, Solaris 11, and Windows Server 2016 are used throughout the environments and will be maintained by the successful candidate. Routine maintenance includes the application of vendor patches/updates and configuration changes necessary for STIG adherence. The candidate will also be responsible for various Systems Administration duties, including, but not limited to, file transfers between physically separated networks and end-user support (account creation, password resets, application troubleshooting, etc.). Automation of routine IT tasks using scripts and industry standard tools (Ansible, Packer, etc.) is highly encouraged and preferred.
Candidates must be passionate about their trade, insist on product quality and focused on customer mission success. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills, desire challenges and be willing to engage in frequent interactions with peers, teammates, and customers in other geographical locations. Demonstrated technical leadership of a team is a plus.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Previous Systems Administration background with experience supporting United States Government classified environments/networks.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to be self-sufficient and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot complex hardware/software issues.
- The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative environment.
- Technical Leadership
- Familiarity with Agile processes, including DevSecOps
- VMWare ESXi hypervisor and related technologies (vSphere 6.7, etc.)
- Server Operating Systems, including RedHat Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server
- Desktop Operating Systems, including Windows 10 and RedHat Linux (GNOME / XWindows)
- Networking and firewall devices (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- Cross-domain appliances
- Active Directory, DNS, WSUS, Ansible, yum repositories, shell scripting,
- Configuration management tools (Git, Nexus, etc.)
- Security assessment tools, including Graylog, ACAS, TripleC, Security Center, etc.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools and best practices Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.