Staff Software Engineer
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Staff Software Engineer
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
RMS supports the warfighter and improves the defense of our nation through a variety of programs and Customers at the Valley Forge site. Projects range in focus from ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance), missile and targeting systems, RF Communications and GPS technologies. We do it all here with small to mid-size, high performing teams of enthusiastic engineers eager to solve the defense industry’s most challenging problems.
This position is for an experienced level software engineer within the Command & Control (C2), Digital Signal Processing (DSP) & Position, Navigation, & Time (PNT) organization supporting a collection of projects. C2, DSP, & PNT has an established history supporting the Global Positioning System (GPS) and other classified Customers in capabilities such as Software Defined Radios, algorithm development / implementation, signal receivers and transceivers, constellation simulation, and software-based monitoring of equipment health and status. Many of the projects provide our Customers turn-key solutions that include a variety of Hardware (procured or vendor manufactured), Software, and Security controls. Each project provides interesting program work and learning opportunities for further technical development.
The candidate will work in a cross functional Agile Scrum environment to design and develop technically complex software systems supporting the Advanced Programs portfolio. Tasks include defining system / sub-system architecture and requirements, performing detailed software design, generating design documentation, and software implementation and testing (to include developing unit tests). Selected candidates will be expected to provide expertise and direction to other members of the team to ensure product development is aligning with higher level program goals. This position will reward those who have a passion for solving technical challenges and leading towards a common goal.
This position requires a TS/SCI or TS/DOD. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Subject Matter Expert with extensive C++, Object Oriented Programming experience
- Previous experience as a Software Architect or similar role
- Experienced in project and team leadership
- Digital Signal Processing and Digital Communications experience
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, Agile Scrum environment
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Software Defined Radio experience
- Strong analysis and mathematical skills
- Modeling and simulation experience (stubs and plugin development for system testing)
- Hardware test and integration experience
- Experience/knowledge of software practices and configuration management (GIT, Jira, Confluence, etc.) Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 6 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.