Sr. Staff Systems Architect
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr. Staff Systems Architect
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:This requisition is for the Systems Architect role within the Command & Control (C2), Digital Signal Processing (DSP) & Position, Navigation, & Time (PNT) organization supporting a collection of projects C2, DSP, & PNT has an established history supporting the Global Positioning System (GPS) and other Customers in capabilities such as Software Defined Radios, algorithm development / implementation, signal receivers and transceivers, constellation simulation, and software-based monitoring of equipment health and status. Many of the projects provide our Customers turn-key solutions that include a variety of Hardware (procured or vendor manufactured), Software, and Security controls. Each project provides interesting program work and learning opportunities for further technical development. This is a senior position that requires a highly motivated individual with demonstrated exemplary communication skills as well as customer interface experience. It is not unusual to have multiple concurrent responsibilities, so being highly organized and having a follow-through mindset is critical.
This role will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Designs, develops and oversees system architectures, including complex systems and systems design activities. Serves as focal point for the development and communication of the system architecture. Ensures conversion of mission requirements into total systems solutions that account for design and technology maturity constraints of the system.
• Develops systems and system element architecture, design, and interface definition. Supports internal and external design reviews. Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and design and analysis methodologies.
• Develops models and architectural guidelines for current and future system development.
• Supports future strategic planning for the customer, providing recommendations to leadership for new capabilities, systems, and upgrades
The selected candidate will be expected to provide expertise and direction to other members of the team to ensure product development is aligning with higher level program goals. This position will reward those who have a passion for solving technical challenges and leading towards a common goal. We are seeking individuals with strong mathematical and problem solving skills and whom are methodical in their approach.
In order to be considered, candidates MUST currently possess at a minimum a Top Secret Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, Agile Development environment
• Experienced in project and team leadership
• Experience in the design and creation of software systems
• Previous software development with RF systems experience.
• Experience with creating prototypes and maturing concepts into operational systems.
• Active Top Secret clearance
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with CONOP and Requirements development for hardware/software systems
• Experience defining and evolving architectures with Modular Open Systems Approach (MOSA)
• Experience with automation of engineering processes
• Experience defining link budgets
• Experience in strategic planning for a project or organization
• Experience with hardware integration with Linux servers
• Experience with system architecture definition and documentation
• Experience defining tests at many levels of integration from unit tests to integrated system of systems tests
• Experience supporting system level root cause analysis and architectural defect resolution Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $127,700 - $212,800 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.