Sr. Electronics Design Engineer, Avionics, Secret
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr. Electronics Design Engineer, Avionics, Secret
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Ready to Support the Air Force Strategic Missions?
Come join Lockheed's Advanced Strategic Programs. This group of diverse engineers has a long history of supporting the Air Force mission reaching back to the 1960's. Today's challenge is to support the modernization of the Minuteman Weapon System by crafting, building, testing and deploying new Reentry Systems and Ground Equipment that will enable the new system to perform for many years to come. We need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of strategic deterrence. If this challenge is for you, you belong in ASP!
Ours is a critical mission, where you will be part of an engineering team that is going through requirements derivation, reviews, engineering release (Specifications, ICDs, Schematics, Engineering Drawings, P/Ls, Procedures, etc), development & qualification, requirement, production, data review, troubleshooting, issue resolution, integration, and performance validation. This work will be done at the module and subsystem, hardware (Unit/Assembly) level.
As an Sr. Electronics Design Engineer for Avionics, you will lead the development of an advanced state-of-the-art Avionics product in a world class Integrated Product Development environment.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• In support of the principal engineer and work with other disciplines such as electronics engineers, firmware developers, as well as software engineers to develop circuit card designs, support fabrication of Printed Wiring Boards, Circuit Card Assemblies, and final assemblies.
• Perform Worst Case Circuit Analysis (eWCCA).
=== YOU WILL TYPICALLY HAVE: ===
• 5 - 9 years of professional experience.
• You need to have an active Secret clearance to be considered, thus you are a US Citizen.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor of Science or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experience with hardware design, analysis and/or troubleshooting.
• Must have an active Secret clearance, thus you are a US Citizen.
• Experience in design of radiation tolerant electronics products is a plus.
• Demonstrated usage of Zuken, Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tool.
• Has performed Worst Case Analysis (WCA) on at least one Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design.
• Successfully transitioned at least one CCA to layout.
• Knowledge of card test requirements and process.
• Demonstrated leadership, or willingness to lead.
• Ability to understand electrical circuits, interfaces, and interconnect diagrams.
• Previous or current Certified Product Engineer (CPE) or equivalent responsible product engineer experience.
• PSPICE, Saber, or other electronics simulation tool experience.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written skills.
• Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Technical experience in full life cycle development of hardware including design, integration, and test.
• Ability to produce and present informal status briefings to Program Management and Customer.
• Experienced with working in geographically diverse teams and interfacing with industry partners/subcontractors. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Electrical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.