King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Moorestown, New Jersey; Mount Laurel, New Jersey
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Moorestown, New Jersey; Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Software Engineer: The software engineer will contribute to a wide variety of projects as our business needs evolve.
The work may include requirements gathering, DSP or FPGA design, firmware development, software testing and debugging, embedded development, modeling & simulations development, and even C++ and Java software applications development.
In our group we do wear a lot of hats and as our business and product needs change our engineers will jump from DSP or firmware to VHDL or to MatLab simulations and sometimes to C++ or Java applications development as well. This broad mix technical needs creates a great opportunity for our team members to build their skills sets and broaden their backgrounds rather than being limited to just one skill set.
This skilled and astute software engineering professional will be responsible for:
-embedded software or firmware development activities related to real-time digital signal processing equipment or embedded systems.
- will perform the research, design, development, and testing of COTS or custom computing and real time signal processing firmware / software applications.
- will be responsible for performing software/firmware development assignments from requirements through final testing.
-will work with domain experts and military documentation to define requirements, use cases, and sequence diagrams.
-will design system components using Object Oriented methods.
-will implement components in C++.
-will take a great interest and will carefully document software design and development activities.
-ability to take responsibility for increasingly difficult tasks, complete them on schedule and document and present the results will be very helpful in this position.
-ability to apply design patterns and object oriented programming will be developed.
-may be assigned to support Six Sigma style cross functional product development or process improvement teams and contribute to those team's collective efforts.
Unlike many other software engineering roles our role will offer the opportunity to develop software applications in C++ and Java so if you like software development in addition to the more typical software engineering duties this role will be great for you.
An interest in learning more about and leveraging IBM Rational ClearCase, DOORS, J2EE Development, XML, Service Oriented Architectures, WEB Services, distributed computer architectures, Web-based architectures, or OMG’s CORBA products would also offer additional synergy for us.
We offer a continuous learning environment with strong career growth and advancement opportunities.
Mission Planning Engineer:This position is for an experienced professional engineer to become a member of the Software Engineering COE, as part of the Mission Planner (MP) Software development team. The engineer will report directly to the MP software manager and will be responsible for achieving program commitments.
The engineer will:
- provide MP technical support and perform MP software development assignments from requirements analysis through final testing in the area of Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Anti-air Warfare (AAW), or Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) scenarios as part of the Aegis Weapon System (AWS).
-will work with domain experts and military documentation to define requirements, use cases, sequence diagrams, design system components using Object Oriented methods, implement MP scenarios in C++ and/or Java, and document software designs and development.
-will be responsible for following the appropriate standards, processes, and procedures throughout the software development life cycle.
-will support MP technical leads with technical status and task schedules.
Software Engineer: BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field. Candidates should have years of professional level experience in at least one area: C/C++ programming and/or JAVA programming. Academic and/or educational experience with design and development of software using JAVA or C++ is required. Must have the ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Mission Planning Engineer: BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field.
- Software experience in the Defense industry
- Professional level experience in at least one area: C/C++ programming and/or JAVA programming.
- Academic and/or educational experience with design and development of software using JAVA or C++ is required. Mission Planning experience is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
Software Engineer: An MS level degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field may be desirable. Experience with VxWorks is desirable. FPGA design experience with VHDL or C++ Object Oriented Design is desired. C or assembly programming experience is desired. Experience with Digital Circuits and Digital Signal Processing is desired. Experience with RTOS is desired. Radar domain knowledge would be a plus. A working knowledge of Eclipse IDE is desired. Experience with MATLAB is desired for our modeling and simulations work.
A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. The ability to collaborate effectively. The ability to research technical challenges and provide effective solutions. The ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Mission Planning Engineer:- An MS level degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field may be desirable.
- Algorithmic software development, Database Experience – MySQL and/or GUI Development Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.