RF Engineer Staff
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
RF Engineer Staff
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Want to experience some of the coolest jobs within the defense industry? Are you interested in working on cutting edge 5G technology? If you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, well…you know.
Join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
ABOUT OUR MISSION
Within the RMS C6ISR Division, we are seeking an experienced and well-versed Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer to join our high-profile internal research and development (IRAD) teams that are supporting LM’s pursuit of numerous DoD 5G related efforts. Goals include building up a 5G End-to-End Testbed, operationalizing the technical capabilities of 5G waveforms, utilizing related 5G technology, software and hardware, to improve our defense products.
We are looking for candidates with strong RF Communications backgrounds that are open to trying something new and willing to learn more about the exciting 5G mission domain! As an RF Engineer, you will be working on a cross-functional team to design, develop, build, integrate and test emerging capabilities using 5G protocols, technologies, and equipment. You must be able to communicate effectively with the team, have the ability to work through roadblocks and resolve issues quickly.
Day to day, the candidate will work in an Agile environment to design, develop, analyze, integrate and test technically complex 5G systems. Tasks include defining system architecture and requirements, performing analysis, working through integration and testing, and ultimately figuring out how to deploy 5G systems to the field. In addition, through upskilling, the qualified candidate will have numerous opportunities to learn more about the 5G domain through knowledge continuity, self-paced and instructor-led courses, to supplement their strong RF Comms background.
This job is aligned with our 21st Century Warfare (21CWF5G) initiative to help the U.S. and its allies leverage emerging technologies to deter threats to economic prosperity and national security.
• Lab experience working with RF test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, and arbitrary waveform generators
• Experience performing RF analysis of waveforms
• Experience generating test cases and procedures, executing procedures, documenting results
• Experience ensuring RF regulatory standards are met
• Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
• Familiarity with Software Defined Radios (SDR)
• Experience with agile-based teams and processes
• Experience with either Matlab or Simulink
• Active Top Secret clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.