Radar Systems Engineer Stf
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Here at Lockheed Martin, our RF Engineers work on a variety of advanced RF applications – those used on the earth, below the earth and above the earth. These range from the world's most advanced fighter aircraft to precision engagement aerospace and defense systems to surface, air and undersea applications to cutting edge space systems. This work encompasses one or more of the following broad RF disciplines: RF Design, RF Systems, Antenna Design, Radar Systems Engineering, RF Signal Processing, MMW/Microwave Design, MMIC Design, Radar Cross-Section Analysis (RCS), Low Observables/Stealth and Electromagnetic Capability/Electromagnetic Interference (EMC/EMI).
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful RF Engineering employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day.
From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
You are a great decision maker who strives to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
You embrace collaboration and are committed to the success of your team.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as technology is constantly changing. Strong technical skills and intellectual depth with a willingness to continually learn from others are important traits.
Working in the RF Engineering space means working together to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
“The RF field is very broad. For example, I work with spacecraft antennas, but I have colleagues that work with missiles and aircraft sensor systems. At any given time, my team is working on 10 or more projects, ranging from antennas that support weather forecasting to connecting warfighters across the globe.”Shane L., RF Engineering Sr. Manager
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Radar Systems Engineer Stf
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
The Radar Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing the system architecture, signal processing and algorithms to design and emulate existing and future radar systems. Experience with implementing RF Communications within Software Defined Radios (SDRs). Performs link analysis and optimization, including effects of propagation medium and possible interference sources. Experience in detection and estimation theory to radar applications. Experience with statistical signal processing techniques. Provide expertise and oversight in analysis and verification of the overall radar system design performance. Evaluate radar system performance using statistical signal processing techniques. Experience with RF signal scattering from different topography/terrain types. Drive the radar design process starting with high-level conceptual and architectural discussions through model development, implementation, and performance validation. Familiarity with Electronic Warfare mitigation and Electronic Protection techniques. Familiarity with Signal processing and Modulation/Coding schemes (PSK, FSK, etc). Responsible for developing Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) simulator leveraging SDR technology. Responsible for hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test. Prepares test methods and specifications; analyzes and tests RF hardware/software to verify performance characteristics. Provides inputs to Product Development for formal documentation and supports manufacturing during the deliverable assembly and test phase. Develops and allocates RF system and subsystem functional and performance requirements. Identifies and tracks RF technical performance measurements (TPMs). Performs RF system/subsystem/component trade studies and CAIV analysis. Supports Life Cycle Costs, reliability, availability, and maintainability analysis.
Typically has 9 - 14 years of experience
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
HERE ARE SOME BENEFITS YOU CAN ENJOY:
Medical, Dental, 401k, Paid time off, Work/life balance, Career development, Mentorship opportunities, and Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field, physics, or mathematics
• Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers. Ability to write technical sections of customer requests for information (RFIs) or proposals, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
• Proficiency in relevant analytical tools (e.g., MATLAB, MathCAD, SIMULINK, LabVIEW, etc)
• Ability to obtain DOD Secret clearance
• Experience with Radar Systems communications and technologies, and waveforms
• Knowledge of detection and estimation theory to radar applications
• Experience with RF scattering due to terrain/topography
• Experience supporting development of Analog/Digital interfaces
• Experience with full-life cycle of ASIC/FGPA development including Register Transfer Level (RTL) hardware descriptive languages (IE VHDL, Verilog)
• Experience in application of statistical signal processing
• Proven ability to develop analytical modeling and simulation tools/environments
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Active US DoD Secret Clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: RF Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.