Guidance, Navigation, and Control Intern
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
The Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) engineer at Lockheed Martin will have the opportunity to design, simulate and verify technologies such as missile autopilot, guidance algorithms, inertial target tracking, and Navigation algorithms using Kalman Filters for optimal estimation techniques. They will also have the opportunity to design, simulate and verify precision servo control and pointing algorithms for gimbaled seekers and other sensors as well as various actuators and mechanisms. Modelling and simulation of these systems is performed primarily in Matlab and C++.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful GNC employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
The work so far has been challenging and varied. Overall, it’s been a great job; The people, environment, and benefits are fantastic on top of the work itself.Tim J.
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on position, we offer a flexible work schedule.
Guidance, Navigation, and Control Intern
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:By bringing together people that use their passion for purposeful innovation, at Lockheed Martin we keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our
people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel development and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
At Lockheed Martin, we place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering innovation, integrity, and exemplifying the epitome of corporate responsibility.
Your Mission is Ours.
Lockheed Martin Space in King of Prussia, PA is seeking a Summer 2023 Guidance, Navigation, and Control Intern. In this role, you will perform analysis and trade studies for ballistic reentry vehicles using 6DOF simulations. The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of GN&C / Mission Analysis and be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in Aerospace Engineering or related. Must be a US Citizen; this position will require a government security clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
• Completed academic coursework in at least one controls course related to GN&C / Mission Analysis
• Must be a US Citizen; this position will require a government security clearance. This position is
located at a facility that requires special access.
• Possess an interest in re-entry vehicles and hypersonics with coursework a plus
• Familiar with the following toolsets/languages: MATLAB, SIMULINK, C/C++, Python, STK and Autocoding
• Experience with simulations of dynamic systems and truth models of dynamic systems related to trajectory analysis, including Monte Carlo analysis
• Knowledge of GN&C control theory and physical modeling related to spacecraft and/or missile systems
• Possess an active DOD security clearance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team-based environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Part-Time as assigned by leader Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Co-op/Summer InternBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Guidance, Navigation and Control Type: Call-In Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.