Cyber Systems Security Engineer
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Liverpool, New York; Moorestown, New Jersey
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Systems Security Engineer
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Liverpool, New York; Moorestown, New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future! We value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule), or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80), or a straight 5/8 schedule.
• A competitive 401k match and bonus.
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance.
• A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities.
This position is for a Cyber Security Engineer at one of our northeast locations in Moorestown, NJ or Syracuse, NY or Valley Forge, PA. This position will support multiple programs in the Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB). The successful candidate will be responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify Cyber solutions across the lifecycle. Conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions. Coordinates and addresses Supply Chain risk management concerns. Develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design as they pertain to the Cyber domain. Coordinate with Cyber and system architects and developers to provide oversight in the development of solutions. Conduct cybersecurity test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements. Employs cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application. Implements appropriate Assessment and Authorization activities as required by customers
Specific technical responsibilities include:
• Evaluating Linux and Windows computing platform devices, network designs and devices for cyber security vulnerabilities.
• Assesses and drive mitigation efforts of system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
• Validates system security requirements definition and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
• Implementation of security policies to meet Risk Management Framework (RMF) objectives including monthly operating system (OS) and software patches and quarterly reviews of Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG).
• Significant interaction with other technicians, analysts, and engineers to implement security designs, resolving vulnerabilities, modifying system or software components security settings and mitigating risk.
Detailed documentation responsibilities include:
• Develop and/or support DIACAP/RMF eMASS accreditation packages for site and program systems.
• Identify, document, and maintain test results for DoD 8500.01 DIACAP/DoD 8510.01 RMF IA Controls (IACs)
• Complete and/or support all required eMASS documentation including SIP, Implementation Plan, IAC Inheritance, Risk Assessment Report (RAR), PPSM Registration (if required) and POA&M.
• Complete and/or support development of Contingency Plan, Incident Response, Configuration Management, and all other site plan testing activities.
• Research and coordinate the implementation of vulnerability remediation (identified via ACAS and STIG/SCAP assessments) with subject matter experts, document and update POA&M and generate required reports and artifacts, as required.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
• Expertise in securing at least one of the following: Linux, Windows, or Cisco.
• Developing understanding of security engineering concepts as they relate to the [Sec+] certification.
• Developing understanding of Windows environment and Unix/Linux file system & command line.
• Ability to analyze security scan reports and develop/implement a plan to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
• Qualified candidate must be able to obtain a DoD Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to starting this position. This requires US Citizenship.
• Experience with vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools (e.g., ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIG Viewer).
• Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell).
• Security+ or CISSP certified
• Experience with Host Base Security System (HBSS) Deployment and management
• Experience with Splunk, network security, and system security supporting event management tools, including SIEMs
• Maintains Security relevant certifications such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Security Administrator (CISA)
• Experience with Cyber Threat Analysis
• Willingness and eagerness to continuously keep up with the latest tools and technologies in cloud security
• Strongly written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of DoD 8500.01 DIACAP/DoD 8510.01 RMF IA Controls (IACs).
• Have an understanding of NISPOM/DISA security requirements and know how to implement required security settings.
• Experience with Model Based Engineering, Agile methodologies, Automation techniques, or DevSecOps concepts Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.