Agile Product Line SW Engineering Manager
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Agile Product Line SW Engineering Manager
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Product Line Division within Lockheed Martin Space’s Mission Solutions business area is seeking an Agile SW Development Manager to drive the execution of multiple projects/programs as an agile leader for the Horizon product line. Horizon is a product line out of Mission Solutions and is a loosely coupled set of components built to solve various satellite bus, payload, and communication mission command and control problems.
The successful candidate will serve as both a functional L-coded lead as well as an agile leader (ideally product owner or release train engineer) for the various software development efforts happening on the Horizon product line. Responsibilities will include directly working with other product line managers for staffing, financial planning, and agile metric tracking for various concurrent efforts.
Candidate must be able to lead, drive, and energize a team of multiple skills and job disciplines across a number of programs & business pursuits. Candidate must have the ability to adapt to agile management methods that will require a dynamic staffing approach, depending on the time-phased needs of the program.
Agile leader duties will include some or all of: product ownership/management, facilitation of release planning activities, escalation and removal team impediments, management of risk and the drive for continuous improvement.
Functional Management duties include career development, salary planning, training, employee development, succession planning, and the execution of strategic staffing initiatives. Candidate should have the ability to energize the team, as well as drive, motivate, and keep team focused on program milestones.
• Must have a Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in full lifecycle of Software Engineering or Systems Engineering for software intensive projects
• Minimum 6 months direct tangible experience and understanding managing software and systems engineering efforts using Agile methods, processes and practices
• Recent Team Leadership experience (within the last 2-3 years)
• Recent Experience as Product Owner, Scrum Master, and/or Release Train Engineer
• Ability to adapt, teach, mentor and guide Individual Contributors
• Full Spectrum Leadership behavior, attitude and perspective
• Experience supporting geographically dispersed team
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Experience supporting fixed price contracts
• Experience supporting multiple programs, contracts, efforts in parallel
• Experience in delivery of systems and/or software releases to customers
• Experience leading and contributing to software systems using modern practices, tools, technologies and languages
• Proposal and BOE experience
• Experience Interviewing and Building Teams
• Agile certifications (e.g. Product Owner, Scrum Master, SAFe, etc.)
• Active TS/SCI clearance Clearance Level: None Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.