Project Manager / LCS Sustainment
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Project Manager / LCS Sustainment
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description:This team member will be responsible for providing both "hands-on" support as well as leading a team that provides direct technical and logistics support for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Sustainment Program in the Jacksonville/Mayport, FL area. This position is part of the Rotary and Missions Systems (RMS) Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors (IWSS) Global Sustainment (GS) organization and reports to the Virginia Beach Operations/IWSS Field Services Sr. Manager. Specific program related tasking for this position/group will be provided by the LCS Sustainment Program Management Office. The technical role to be performed will be to serve as the LCS Sustainment’s Functional Project Lead charged with the supervision of maintenance availability implementation and waterfront support activities that may include providing ship engineering expertise to investigate, plan and estimate ship repair and modernization efforts in support of LCS In-Service Ship Design activities. The team member will need to travel to a ship’s location for planning or implementation support on an as-required basis. Specific technical activities to be performed will include:
1. Guide the implementation of ship repair availabilities, coordinating industry work within the allotted schedule to meet our Navy Customer’s requirements.
2. Provide logistics and material management oversight for warehouse operations at the RMS LCS Jacksonville facility.
3. Autonomously review design and repair specifications for the maintenance of Mission Systems (including C6I) and Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems.
4. Evaluate warranty work items for applicability and design solutions to correct discrepancies.
5. Provide input for the update for LCS 1 Class ships technical publications.
6. Validate and document material deficiencies on LCS 1 Class Ships.
7. Travel (potentially 5%-10%) and work in a shipyard/shipboard environment.
In addition to the technical aspect of their role, this person shall provide functional group guidance including performance management and other related administrative support activities for assigned personnel; assist with management report inputs and development as needed; interact with other Virginia Beach Operations and Global Sustainment staff members and function as part of the broader IWSS GS stakeholder team; and perform other related activities that may be assigned.
1. Demonstrated full spectrum leadership capabilities and strong HM&E and shipboard systems background;
2. Minimum of five years of relevant experience planning, estimating, or managing US Navy ship maintenance/repair.
3. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
4. Ability to build effective relationships with Ship’s Crew and Navy customers.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
6. Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
Interim Secret clearance is required prior to start
1. Underway assignment aboard commercial or military ships.
2. Navy ship engineering and systems familiarity.
3. Knowledge of warehouse operations and material management practices.
4. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity.
5. Experience with Joint Forces Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and specifically with the development of 4E Work Specifications.
6. Navy ship Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E); deck equipment; and combat systems equipment and overall system level experience.
7. Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
8. Knowledge of the LCS Program, LCS ships and their systems. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Miscellaneous Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.