Systems Engineer Lead
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Systems Engineer Lead
Come join Lockheed's Long Range Hypersonic Weapon team. Our system will travel at Mach 5 (over a mile per second). Helping us create build a system that goes that fast means overcoming a number of difficult physics and engineering challenges. You will be integrating hypersonic missile technology into an Army battery on a highly accelerated schedule to deliver a hypersonic operational prototype system to the Warfighhter. LRHW will be capable of flying at 5x the speed of sound and will provide a timely response to varying threat scenarios. If this intrigues you, come join our LRHW team!
Ready for a challenge at the speed of Hypersonics?
Lockheed Martin is looking for an ambitious Systems Engineer to become a member of the Systems Design and Integration Team!
As a Systems Lead Engineer, you will:
• Lead and establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system-level design and decomposition into requirements
• Lead and perform system analysis and interface definition and management/ execution
• Lead studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
• Perform systems/hardware integration, test planning and execution
• Develop plans to on-ramp new mission capabilities while protecting the primary mission
• Lead and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
• Lead failure investigations and anomaly resolution boards
A successful candidate typically possesses a Bachelor's degree and demonstrated ability.
This position is in Rocket City USA, one of the greatest places to work: Huntsville, AL
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions including:
1. Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
2. System Integration, Test and/or Verification
3. Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or fields outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Ability to acquire Top Secret, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required.
• 12+ years with system architecture design, development, integration, test, with broad-based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile, and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Experience in Missile or space design
• Knowledge and experience with system design platforms, such as LabVIEW, data acquisition systems, and data analysis
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Active TS security clearance
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here:https://candidate.lmbenefitscompass.com Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Design and Verification Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.