Sr Systems Analyst – Radar Performance (NT-E)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr Systems Analyst – Radar Performance (NT-E)
National Team-Engineering (NT-E) is MDA’s one-stop shop for systems engineering reach-back into the major companies that build the elements of the MDS. Systems engineers on the National Team are helping to drive the future systems that will protect the United States, its friends and allies for generations to come.
Lockheed Martin has an immediate need for a Sr Systems Analyst – Radar Performance (NT-E) to perform the following tasks in Huntsville, Alabama:
- Perform systems engineering and analysis of all RF sensors reflected in the Missile Defense architecture, including mathematical-based modeling and simulation in support of the MDA’s mission area
- The selected individual will be considered a technical leader in a collaborative team environment to develop performance concepts and requirements for advanced radar functionality and performance against evolving threats and countermeasures, including track and discrimination, electronic attack, and mitigation techniques against electronic attack
- Coordinate within MDA and across industry to evaluate and bring leading edge techniques and radar capabilities into the BMDS system for consideration
- Lead modeling and simulation tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis of the BMDS
- Lead development, updating, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks
All this, plus 52 Fridays OFF each year!
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS WE OFFER:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
*Must currently have at least an interim DoD SECRET clearance to start*
- Strong technical background in radar function and performance, including tracking, discrimination techniques, and electronic attack/electronic protection techniques
- Strong numerical modeling and simulation capability of advanced threats using a high-level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment
- Demonstrate ability to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working in focused teams as an independent individual contributor
If you have experience in one or more of the topics listed below, please note it on your resume:
- Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.)
- Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems (e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), a discriminator in selection
- Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.)
- Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.