Software Engineer Staff - Product Owner (Sign on bonus eligible)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineer Staff - Product Owner (Sign on bonus eligible)
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The GMD Element develops, integrates, tests, fields, and sustains strategic missile defense capabilities to protect the homeland against current and projected future strategic missile threats or attacks. The GMD Element has been the principal capability for the defense of the homeland against rogue ballistic missile threats. The GMD Element uses multiple sensors, communications systems, fire control capabilities, and interceptors to detect, track, and destroy intermediate- and long-range ballistic missiles during the midcourse phase of flight.
The GMD Weapons System (GWS) Threat State Product Owner (PO) will lead the team and provide subject matter expertise for threat tracking, reporting and discrimination services within the GWS Fire Control (GFC) product. This leadership role will include requirements decomposition, modeling, design, implementation, integration and verification of the Threat State function within GFC software.
1. Product Owner and Team lead for the Threat State agile team
2. Owns GFC threat tracking and reporting services
3. Owns GFC track correlation, system track, and source track processing
4. Owns GFC threat discrimination services
5. Owns BMD System Track integration in the GWS
6. Owns GFC CI/CD pipelines for threat state services
7. Supports SRS decomposition and test specification for engagement planning services
8. Supports internal GWS interfaces for threat state
9. Supports GFC execution lead and architect by providing technical solutions for threat state design, development and integration.
10. Supports GFC architect and chief engineering office in providing technical expertise and execution status to internal leadership, MDA customers, and external stakeholders.
- Experience, Interest, and Aptitude in leading the design and software implementation to solve complex algorithmic math and physics-based missile defense related problems.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years or more of professional experience; Related experience in baseline product development, weapon Systems development and capability deployment.
- Experience designing and integrating capabilities within complex weapons systems.
- Experience and skills in providing technical vision, technical mentorship, and guidance on the team's product.
- Experienced in DoD-program design, development, and integration methodologies.
- Experience with agile team structures and agile development programs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Experience in complex missile defense algorithms and software associated with discrimination, track correlation, and track processing.
- Leadership Experience in an Agile team
- Experience in technical design and integration for MDS programs (GMD, THAAD, Aegis BMD, C2BMC, LRDR, SBX, etc.) Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.