Quality Engineer Senior
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Quality Engineer Senior
Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and
Our team are on a mission to make a difference
in the world and every day we use our
outstanding skills and experiences to create,
design and build solutions to some of the worlds'
hardest engineering problems. Our culture
encourages employees to dream big, perform
with excellence and build incredible products.
We provide the resources, inspiration and focus
and if you have the passion and courage to
succeed, we want to build a better tomorrow
You will work with the Quality Engineering Manager of the Targets and Countermeasure Program (TCP) as a Senior QA Engineer. This significant role will help develop
and lead execution of various Quality Assurance
projects and support efforts for the THAAD
Program. Under minimal direction will utilize
Quality Engineering methods to evaluate and
initiate actions to identify and control sources of
variation detrimental to quality, cost, and
schedule targets. Emphasis will be placed on
validation of key process capability. Scope of
responsibility also includes lead root cause,
corrective and preventive action investigations/
decisions/validations, actions, integration tasks,
along with area improvement strategy and
planning. Will assist various management, staff,
vendors/suppliers, customers, and partners with
initiatives to re-engineer processes and methods
to ensure compliance to customer contractual requirements and continuous improvement
initiatives in the areas of cost, efficiency, quality
assurance, and customer satisfaction.
Duties will include but are not be limited
• Developing program Quality Requirements and
flowing to supply chain
• Managing databases and associated key
• Running business processes to measure and
improve quality performance and
update/improve departmental procedures as the
• Responsible and accountable for delivering
effective methods and initiating improvements
that will drive and improve overall quality
• Conduct/coordinate process and product
evaluations and assessments. Conduct Root
Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA)
• Review and approve First Article Inspection
• Support various program process reviews
• Support audits of Suppliers Quality
Management Systems and Special Processes
• Collaborate with leaders from various functions
to assure compliance and continuous
improvement. Support Quality Assurance section
of proposals and BOEs
• Provide local customer interface.
• Mentor and guide less senior personnel.
• Travel may be required.
You will typically have a Bachelor’s degree with 5
years of professional experience; or 3 years of
professional experience with a related Masters
degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed
Martin fosters an inclusive work environment
that encourages differences and big-picture
thinking. Our employees play an active role in
strengthening the quality of life where we live
and work by volunteering more than 850,000
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s
competitive and comprehensive benefits
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in
a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or
equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics,
• Experience in Quality, Engineering, or related
• Experience in engaging with and representing
the function with customers ( e.g. DCMA,
• Experience working to identify and drive
systemic root cause and corrective action
utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical
capabilities to communicate and influence others
in a concise, data driven manner.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision while coordinating initiatives
across multiple functional organizations
Six sigma experience or LEAN, knowledge of
Lean Product Development (LPD)
• Understanding of AS9100, AS9102 and MDA
Assurance Provisions (MAP)
• Supplier Evaluation and Audit
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP Systems
• Knowledge of Software development life cycle
• Ability to adapt to changing environments while meeting customer requirements
• Must demonstrate an innate ability to adhere and communicate effectively to diverse groups,
and multiple levels of leadership
• Must have problem solving skills at a highly
• Strong written, verbal communication and
analytical skills required
• A team player that can work with multiple disciplines in multi-functional organizations
• Results focused with effective scheduling and organizational skills
• High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership skills.
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
• CQE or CMQOE certification Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.