Project Systems Engineer
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Project Systems Engineer
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, craft, and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
When enemies attack, governments need to be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens, and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most sophisticated missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge.
Learn more about THAAD
Our team is seeking a Project Systems Engineer to support the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Ground Development (Gnd-Dev) program. You will work in the Project Integration and Execution area which is one of the four THAAD Ground Systems Engineering teams: Project Integration and Execution, System Design & Architecture, and Requirements & Verification. This position will report to THAAD Gnd-Dev Systems Engineering Manager in Huntsville, Alabama.
In this role, you will:
• Be accountable for overall systems engineering technical, project risks, cost, and schedule performance on a specific project(s).
• Lead broader projects for the THAAD Gnd-Dev effort by managing your project's risks and opportunities and reporting them out to leadership.
• Provide primary Tech Ops communication with Program Management (PM) Office / Customer for all programmatic items on a project as well as be responsible for identification and closure of technical issues.
• Meet/exceed all technical commitments made to the programs and track Estimate to Complete/Earned Value Management (ETC/EVM) Metrics to monitor program performance, and identify technical or Tech Ops staffing risks, while handling cost/schedule.
• Ensure requirements baseline in documents, tracked, maintained, and substantiated.
• Ensure establishment and tracking of key performance metrics and provide timely and accurate projections of engineering resource requirements.
• Work closely with first-line functional leaders to identify and secure appropriate staffing, coordinate with the PM office and first-line managers on proposed engineering staffing changes prior to changes.
This position is in Rocket City USA, one of the greatest places to work: Huntsville, AL!
To be successful, you will typically have a bachelor’s degree and 9-14 years of professional experience.
• Experience in Program/project management, planning, and execution to include Cost Account Management
• Experience with Engineering and Systems Engineering development processes and troubleshooting
• Experience working with subcontractors
• THAAD systems engineering experience
• Experience identifying, managing and reporting Risks and Opportunities
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance, therefore U. S. Citizenship is required.
• Concept of Operations/ System Architecting
• Experience interacting with customer representatives and LM leadership or similar
• Requirements definition or decomposition or working with requirements documents
• Experience using DOORs as a requirements management database or similar
• Experience in all phases of development life cycle (to include proposal, design, qualification, requirements verification/validation, risk and opportunities identification and management, production and deployed system)
• Missile Defense Concepts and Interoperability or other Command and Control systems
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here:https://candidate.lmbenefitscompass.com Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Other Type: Task Order/IDIQ Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.