Manufacturing Planner (entry level)
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Manufacturing Planner (entry level)
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Manufacturing team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Huntsville, AL has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Manufacturing Planner to join our mission. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter and eager to work in a dynamic environment, we invite you to bring your talents to our team. Primarily working out of the Huntsville location, you will perform the make, buy, and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning/scheduling activities associated with the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions supporting our Strategic & Missile Defense Systems.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will….
• Perform the Make, Buy, and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Requirements/Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• Accomplish one or multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations management, and assist Sr level Production Planners to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze, and control production schedule and capacity requirement
• Assist with schedule execution; provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• Coordinate with Sr Level production planners and supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts
• Execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
• Maintain MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make associated changes to the BOM
• Demonstrate experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0 - 3 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education. Entry level.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning methods and processes
• Knowledge of SAP or other MRP/ERP tools/systems
• Proficient in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint; and general computer skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of MS Project or other scheduling software
• Proven written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with employees and customers to maintain a viable working relationship
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Lean Six Sigma/Green Belt Certification.
• Manufacturing and test processes, tools and systems experience
• Experience using SAP for managing demand throughout the Supply Chain
• Shop Floor Control and/or Inventory Management experience
• Knowledge of electrostatic discharge (ESD), Ordnance and electronic assembly
• Experience engaging with and/or leading cross functional teams.
• Active security clearance at time of application is desirable. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.