Government Affairs Senior Manager
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Government Affairs Senior Manager
Position will support LM Business Areas (BA) and Lines of Business (LOB) in ongoing Army and Special Operations programs and initiatives across the Army Aviation mission area. An understanding of U.S. Government acquisition, budgeting, and requirements processes is essential. The individual must be sensitive to emerging military/government requirements and provide focus to LMGA, BA and LOB in understanding, responding and shaping requirements and capture efforts. Primary internal customers are LM M&FC-Orlando and Dallas, LM Sikorsky-Owego, Stratford and West Palm Beach, LM RMS TLSS-Orlando, LM-Aero-AERO-Ft. Worth, Palmdale and Marietta.
Under the direction of the Army SOF Vice President and Director, oversees all LM Army Aviation programs/activities ongoing or emerging at, U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Aviation, U.S. Army Aviation Center of Excellence (Ft. Rucker, AL), HQ TRADOC (Joint Base Langley-Ft. Eustis, VA), the Aviation and Missile Center, U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC), Redstone, AL, the Army Aviation Development Directorate, Ft. Eustis as well as ARSOA programs/activities ongoing or emerging at the Technology Applications Program Office (TAPO) (Ft. Eustis, VA). The individual will maintain a continuing liaison at all appropriate levels both with the external customer and internal Lockheed Martin Company stakeholders. Assists Lockheed Martin Companies as required with customer perspectives and assessments. The selected individual will monitor Army and SOF aviation requirements to help shape the needs so that they align with Lockheed Martin capabilities, concepts and technologies. May serve on or lead capture/color teams as necessary to maximize the win prospects for competed programs. Will assist in exploring new markets for research and development ventures to expand company product line growth. The individual is responsible to the Lockheed Martin Government Affairs Director for Army Aviation (Rotary Wing), Army Aviation Working Group and SOF working group.
This individual will be required to coordinate programs across lines of business and government agencies, as well as, participate in several strategy reviews and shape proposal strategy.
In depth knowledge of Army Aviation Center of Excellence, PEO Aviation, Army Aviation Special Operations Command, and other associated Aviation Agencies
• Must have the ability to build effective relationships and influence others
• Strong problem solving skills, reliability, and sound judgment
• Self Starter, ability to assess environment and take actions with minimal guidance.
• Ability to interpret and effectively communicate complex technical material to technical and nontechnical populations
• Understanding of U.S. Government acquisition, budgeting, and requirements processes
• In depth customer insight and ability to identify key customer needs. Must be capable of providing business development support to LM companies as part of new business opportunity pursuits and program “keep sold” efforts with critical Army Aviation customers
• Ability to travel and interact effectively with customers
- Former military or defense industry experience
- 10 to 15 years experience is desired in extensive, recent exposure to the government requirements, budget, acquisition and test processes Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.