Business Development Principal - Army Combat Systems & Launchers
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Business Development Principal - Army Combat Systems & Launchers
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers and Government labs to gain a detailed understanding of their future requirements and needs.
• Coordinate and lead cross IWSS and cross LM initiatives in support of integrated air and missile defense (IAMD), Army combat systems, Mid Range Capability, and Next Gen Launcher, while supporting LM initiatives in layered homeland defense and joint all domain operations (JADO).
• Build and maintain trusting and productive relationships with customers, influencers and key opinion leaders. Develop an understanding of Combatant Commander requirements and cultivate opportunities to address warfighter needs. Act as our external customers’ advocate within LM.
• Identify, qualify, and pursue new business opportunities to advance solutions and technologies to align with key customer future needs.
• Define and lead operational analysis efforts to identify and validate advanced solutions to solve customer needs and capability gaps.
• Support initiatives to define and demonstrate solutions for JADO and 21st Century Warfighting challenges in company and customer exercises, such as Project Convergence.
• Interact frequently with IWSS executives. Work closely with capture managers, program managers, Lockheed Martin Government Affairs and functional staff to develop and articulate strategies.
• Manage Win Plan components, New Business funds, and Capture Team support for business development responsibilities. Develop/review business development and capture plans, and customer call plans.
• Assist in development of product roadmaps to meet market needs.
• Ensure IWSS equities are represented at local customer ad community outreach events, such as trade shows and dinners, etc.
• 10+ years of experience working in or with the US Army, including understanding and experience with Army acquisition
• Experience working with Combatant Commands and understanding requirement development process
• Strong technical skills and the ability to synthesize a broad range of information to identify potential solutions to customer requirements.
• Experience analyzing DoD customer requirements and future warfighting needs.
• Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills, demonstrated ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams.
• A high degree of flexibility and the ability to travel. Must be self-motivated and able to operate with minimal guidance in a highly competitive environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to clearly articulate strategies at multiple levels of business and government. Experience organizing and presenting data to senior/executive management.
• Deal closer – highly effective at bringing tasks and projects to a successful and timely conclusion
• Superior knowledge of potential customers and demonstrated customer relations skills
- Experience serving in or working with U.S. Army Space and Missiles Defense Command and PEO Missiles and Space
- Experience in Rapid Capabilities Critical Technologies office
- Experience with the Army Integrated Air and Missile Defense (AIAMD) system, including IBCS
- Experience within IFMC and STARE, including experience with TPY-2 and/or Patriot/LTAMDS
- Experience working with Missile Defense Agency
- Experience with Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Program, or GBI interceptors
• Understanding of Systems Engineering Preferred Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.