Army Radar Business Development
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Army Radar Business Development
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective December 8, 2021, Lockheed Martin will require all newly hired employees, in the United States, must be fully vaccinated before their start date.
Description:Responsible for Business Development (BD) supporting the Lockheed Martin (LM) Integrated Warfare Systems and Sensors Business Area. The Position requires interfacing with multiple customers within the Army PEO M&S, Fires and Cross-Functional Team community, with the potential to also interface with future international customers.
• Customer advocate for Army Radars; LM Radars Interface to PEO M&S STARE organization.
• Cultivate relationships and develop new business opportunities for LM Army Radars.
• Acquire and maintain trusting and productive relationships with customers, influencers and key opinion leaders.
• Develop a deep knowledge of customer desires, and shape associated requirements toward Lockheed Martin solutions.
• Build a pipeline of new business opportunities, to include qualification, pursuit and “keep-sold” activities to meet Long Range Plan objectives of the Business.
• Develop capture strategy and marketing presentations for external and internal briefings.
• Coordinate capture activities with LM stakeholders including internal program and technical teams, LM Government Affairs, LM International, and BD field offices.
• Support development and execution of customer engagement plans.
• Tradeshow and marketing planning and support.
• Manage budgets for new business pursuits.
• Travel as required to support customer engagements, including potential for international travel.
• 7-10 years’ work experience with the US Army.
• Subject Matter Expertise with US Army Air and Missile Defense objectives (alternative SME with US Army Space and Missile Defense Command or the Missile Defense Agency will be considered).
• Ability to locate, shape and win new business opportunities, to include qualification, pursuit and assessments on an ongoing basis to meet Long Range Plan objectives of the Business.
• Understanding of and experience following capture processes and conducting risk-based assessments.
• Collaborate with various functions to develop appropriate strategy, orders and investment plans and translate them to actionable initiatives.
• Provide timely and high-quality plans to guide long-term strategies, including but not limited to presentations, white papers, activity reports, meeting notes, call plans and trade show support.
• Ability to establish market-focused growth strategies.
• Build strong customer relationships.
• Build strong internal and external teams.
• Ability to identify and penetrate new markets for our radar products.
• Demonstrated experience communicating/briefing managers, employees, and customers to maintain a sustainable working relationship.
• Active Secret clearance.
• Travel will be required (some international).
• Preferred work location is our Huntsville, AL site; position is currently predominantly teleworking.
• Knowledge of US Army PEO M&S, Requirements generation, Cross-Functional Teams, Acquisition Capability Manager user community, and U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command labs.
• Experience and knowledge of Air and Missile Defense / radar operations.
• Familiarity with Army budgeting processes.
• Ability to interface with wide range of customers.
• Ability to generate presentations and marketing campaigns.
• Demonstrated experience supporting initiatives across multiple stakeholders, to achieve desired outcomes.
• Aspiration to learn and to advance in Business Development.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Self-starter with entrepreneurial attitude.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 years Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: RMSRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.