Fighter Aircraft Structural Repair Engineer StaffApply Now Job ID: 529191BR Date posted: Jun. 19, 2020 City: Hill AFBState: Utah Program: F-16
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Team at our Hill Air Force Base, Utah facility! The selected candidate will be part of the on-site support team with the responsibility for providing technical/engineering support for F-16 structures. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform Material Review Board activities supporting the F-16 Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) at the Hill AFB depot, as well as depots located in the Pacific and European theaters.
Other responsibilities include:
• Participate in all engineering functions related to aircraft modification/service life extension
• Utilize depot maintenance practices and processes to resolve technical issues adversely affecting production schedule
• Utilize experience with parts manufacturing and tooling principals so that questions associated with replacement tooling can be addressed
• Utilize knowledge of structural design and repair concepts to provide engineering disposition recommendations on non-conforming depot and field aircraft
• Provide drawing and specification interpretations and clarifications to resolve issues concerning process specifications associated with part design, finish, and assembly
• Assist in resolving general aircraft sustainment issues (Aircraft Structural Integrity Program, Analytical Condition Inspection, Deficiency Reporting, corrosion, paint/strip, quality issues, investigations, data development and assessment, analyses, corrective actions, etc.), as required
• Assist in reviewing, initiating the Organic Change Notices/Engineering Change Notices (OCN/ECN) process.
• Selected candidate must be willing to travel to international locations as needed
• Must be able to obtain an active Secret Security Clearance. Selected candidate must be a United States citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Experience with the Material Review Board process
• Understanding and experience with aircraft structural modification process
• Experience with parts manufacturing, and tooling processes (any industry)
• Experience using aviation structural design and repair concepts
• Technical drawing and specification interpretations and clarifications experience
• Experience using computers with proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Experience developing and presenting technical presentations.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
• Microsoft Access
• Ability to address interchangeability of structural components and assemblies. This requires a good knowledge of Material Procurement Release System (MPRS.)
• Solid understanding of the Air Force acquisition process to support the customer in critical parts procurement.
• A working knowledge of F-16 aircraft mechanical and avionics systems and of F-16 aircraft maintenance
• Understanding of depot maintenance practices and processes
• Understand corrosion mechanisms and paint/corrosion protection systems for F-16 aircraft. Experience in resolving general aircraft sustainment issues
• Experience reviewing, initiating the OCN/ECN process. The ideal candidate will have experience with engineering tools to include Solid Works, the F-16 Technical Publication Repository, Electronic Document Management System, Field Information Network, and the Joint Engineering Data Management, Information, & Control System.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Product SupportType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: no Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.