Deep Space Business Development Sr. Manager
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Deep Space Business Development Sr. Manager
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Description:This position will be responsible for leading the Deep Space Exploration Business Development team and supporting external outreach associated with advancing our Exploration programs. Responsibilities include:
- Support to all Business Development activities (strategic planning, New Business Acquisition Expenditures (NBAE) management, and M&A activities);
- The candidate will have an understanding of Civil Space programs, customers (and its partners) and business operations to become responsible for supporting and enabling Civil Space business growth opportunities with domestic, government, commercial, and international customers.
- This position will work closely with BD leadership to support both core and adjacent business growth through due diligence execution and is able to act independently or as part of an integrated team identifying and shaping new business opportunities in partnership with other Lockheed Martin SSC Line Of Business (LOB) staff as well as other LM Business Areas. In particular, this position will be responsible for leading our planetary and astronomy/astrophysics/heliophysics new business capture activities and will be required to work seamlessly with the Human Space Flight BD team.
- Responsibilities also include keep-sold activities, new business development, program capture, proposal generation, strategy development, and customer relations. Periodic travel may be required.
- Position requires an understanding of both marketplace and customers to enable identification, development, and execution of successful business campaigns.
- The position requires an ability to think strategically to identify new opportunities and applications for Civil Space, new customers, and executable campaigns to capture this new business. Additionally, the Business Development Analyst performs numerous roles to include customer and teammate relations, marketing communications, analysis of specific opportunities, proposal operations, establishing and tracking performance metrics, and offering advice to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to form teaming and partnering opportunities. Ability to coordinate with Engineering, Advanced Programs and Business Operations, Price-to-Win, Competitive Intelligence and Capture and Strategy Operations personnel to effectively formulate and execute winning offers.
- Ability to develop and execute strategy plans, campaign plans, capture plans, value propositions, and proposal plans.
- Ability to contribute to the forecast of civil space markets and the strategies of our competitors. Demonstrated understanding of Space Systems missions and strategic initiatives.
Demonstrated experience in strategy and business development with a strong background and understanding in the Civil Space market, customers and environment.
At least 5 years of demonstrated team leadership that includes proven communications and presentation skills, effective decision making, building consensus, conflict resolution and sustaining the team’s energy and commitment.
Demonstrated experience developing and briefing executive-level presentations with strong written and verbal communication skills including speaking on behalf of Business Development to the media, at conferences/events and on Capitol Hill to advocate for our Deep Space Exploration Programs and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Proven experience in managing multi-million dollar budgets such as (Market Analysis (MA), Independent Research & Development (IRAD) and Bid & Proposal (B&P).
Proven full spectrum leadership behaviors including shaping the future, building effective relationships, energizing the team, delivering results, and modeling personal excellence, integrity and accountability with at least 5 years of NASA industry experience that includes developing business strategies focused on Customer Value.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior management and provide critical guidance on the development of the program offer and proposal products.
Existing familiarity by key NASA customers such as JPL, GSFC, APL, and HQ.
Able to think strategically and manage the development of long range objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic opportunities and issues that could affect growth and profitability.
Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams in developing and delivering superior products with constrained schedules and resources.
Existing relationships with civil and commercial customers/partners to enhance access to new business opportunities.
Demonstrated knowledge of space industry business capture process, including proposal development.
Experience supporting major proposal efforts (e.g., for programs worth $50M or more) including support for high priority capture campaign or equivalent, with some experience in a proposal leadership role.
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Pay Rate:
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $146,800 - $281,400. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Highlands Ranch — Colorado
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map