Highlands Ranch, Colorado; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Model Based Engineering effort. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our LM Space Team.
The Model Based Engineering Acceleration project, you will participate in the joint E&T/BITEE team, including activity to develop, test and deploy solutions to accelerate Model-Based Engineering (MBE) for program insertion. You will work collaboratively in product teams to successfully deliver Engineering products to the implementation teams.
In this role the candidate will have responsibility in the following areas:
• Understanding of Model Based Engineering principles to design and implement solutions that span the data lifecycle: collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data at scale and at speed
• Searching for and collecting information on various data topics
• Performing data analysis and metrics
• Working with local, distributed and cloud-based technologies
• Develop data virtualization and smart caching solutions
• Design and implement the data security required to protect and access the data
• Building data pipelines that clean, transform and aggregate unorganized data into databases or data sources
• Creating conceptual, logical and physical data model architecture, data extract/transform/load processes, reporting and analytics
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in data with an engaging, problems solving mindset
• Proficiency with languages/tools such as SQL, Python, Scala, and graph query language
• The ability to develop or script tools that efficiently preprocess, modify, aggregate, load, index, and archive large data collections
• Database experience with SQL (e.g., PostgreSQL, AWS RDS), NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
• Proficiency with visualization tools such as Tableau
• Experience with relational/structured database development/design or experience with non-relational/unstructured, graph or big data database development/design
• Experience with graph database technologies (e.g., Janusgraph, Tinkerpop, Gremlin, neo4j)
• Experience with graph analytics on structured and unstructured data
• Experience with knowledge representation, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, and entity alignment
• Experience with statistics and statistical modeling
• Experience with relational/structured database development/design
• Experience with non-relational/unstructured, graph or big data database development/design
• Experience with data virtualization
• Data Security, data access methods and authentication/authorization protocols
• Familiarity with data cybersecurity practices and requirements
• Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Experience with agile development practices Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $106,400 - $177,300 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligibleAbility to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Data Science Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.