Unix/Linux System Administrator and Integrator
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Unix/Linux System Administrator and Integrator
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you!
Lockheed Martin provides Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)/SE Linux based services throughout the lifecycle for computational requirements, architecture, acquisition, and operations. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices.
This position is within Lockheed Martin Space new Business Innovation Technology Enterprise Excellence (BITEE) organization. If you’re looking for your next challenge in a fast pace, innovation-oriented group, look no further!
The selected candidate will be an active member of the DC-MLS® Deployment Integration and Administrators team, with a focus on High Performance Computing administration. The team is responsible for integration and updates of multiple Red Hat MLS baselines and working to provide full spectrum support to staff and users. The position includes occasional travel within the US to assist with installation and design of systems, with possible travel outside of the US.
We are seeking a skilled Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) person who will be responsible for integration and deployments to a customer contract baseline. You will work closely with the staff, and users to ensure requirements are met.
An individual should have demonstrated his/her problem-solving ability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Integrate and Deploy the DC-MLS® baseline to various hardware architectures
• Deploys, troubleshoots and maintains Red Hat Enterprise Linux/SE Linux configurations
• Install software libraries functioning in RHEL environment
• Monitor and modify system performance in an agile and highly flexible environment
• Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time and with excellent quality
• Provide support to staff and end users to resolve issues
• Modify existing software to correct errors and/or improve performance
• Develop and execute test plans for filesystem upgrades and address with vendor support any issues that arise during testing
• Management and implementation of storage solutions
• Management and implementation of Infiniband or Omni-Path high speed fabrics, including subnet management, IPoIB and/or IPoOPA mechanisms, fabric topology and health monitoring and integration with MPI
• Management and implementation of VLANs
• Occasional travel to support installations at other sites and/or contracts
• TS//SCI clearance to start
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working with RHEL operating system in heterogeneous, multi-platform environment
• Red Hat Linux Administration experience
• Experience with Python, Perl, Korn, Bourne/Bash, and/or other shell scripting
• Ability to produce patches to fix issues, as required
• Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
• Experience with SE Linux
• Familiarity with automating approaches to configuring and maintaining (e.g. patching) systems using Ansible, Satellite Server, and/or SCAP
• Understanding and experience working with identity management systems such as LDAP and token-based authentication systems
• Experience with debugging issues with the Linux kernel including examining source code and using tools such a crash and systemtap
• Experience with Lustre, NFS, and other direct attach file systems
• Experience with Ethernet networking
• Experience with RDMA communications (InfiniBand and OmniPath)
• Experience with Infiniband or Omni-Path high speed fabrics, including subnet management, IPoIB and/or IPoOPA mechanisms, fabric topology and health monitoring and integration with MPI
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environment and related technologies Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information Technology Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.