Cyber Security Systems Integrator (Clearance Rq'd)
Lockheed Martin is the leader of cyber security defense, cyber operations and sensitive data protection. We employ the world's best cyber minds from diverse fields – people who are passionate about and empowered by our customers' missions. Lockheed Martin's best-in-cyber teams are experts in thinking like the enemy – identifying adversary activity and anticipating advanced persistent threats to strengthen platform defenses, inside and out of our networks.
Our Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Full Time
- Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal, dependent on role
What does a successful Cyber Security employee at Lockheed Martin look like?
Check out the info below to see if you have what it takes.
Advancing technologies and out of the box thinking that enable cyber operations, resulting in inventing solutions that will keep us safe today and into the future.
Natural curiosity is an absolutely essential trait. Curiosity leads to continual learning which allows you to stay one step ahead of the threat.
The ability to anticipate hackers’ intent and disrupt their next move is key. Seeking out new weaknesses before they become weaknesses. Proactively learning and updating systems is how we stay ahead of the threat.
We have hard problems to solve and we look for people who thrive at solving them, who can see problems from both the defensive and offensive sides.
Whatever you know today could be different tomorrow as security is constantly changing. Possessing strong technical skills and intellectual depth along with a willingness to continually learn from others is important to adapt to and address the Advanced Persistent Threat.
The ability to analyze and disseminate threat intelligence. The ability to analyze and address the root cause, learn from the attack and anticipate the hacker’s next move.
“Cyber is the most exciting career field! Every day, there's new cyber threat information that we leverage to shape our courses of action when identifying, assessing, developing, integrating, and continuously evaluating the effectiveness of defensive measures.”Dr. Dawn B., Senior Fellow
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs, funding for cyber certifications.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Security Systems Integrator (Clearance Rq'd)
Description:Do you have the dedication and passion to make a significant contribution to mission success? Do you want to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performance team that's crafting an outstanding team culture, all while quickly adapting to constantly evolving customer requirements?
You will be part of a team that centers on research and development within the cyber engineering field, investigating and exploiting the newest technological advances to resolve complex problems. You will be responsible for development activities across a wide range of technologies and functional areas. Our group works in close collaboration with its customers throughout the entire development life-cycle. The work environment is reminiscent of a start-up and values innovation, creativity, and teamwork. Curiosity and dedication complement this team very well and enable the most creative solutions.
Check out the Washington D.C. Metro area!
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in system hardening, analysis, and vulnerability management
• Previous experience working with RMF
• Experience hardening information systems to DISA STIG standards
• Experience in one or more of the following: router configuration, Linux systems administration, Windows systems administration, Atlassian service configuration, cloud deployments, firewalls and VPNs
• Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware vCenter and vSphere, Microsoft Hyper V, Xen, etc
• Active TS/SCI with poly clearance required
• Knowledge of cloud network technologies, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS) and with emphasis on transition of physical security architectures to cloud based, software defined network constructs
• Experience in current Network monitoring and troubleshooting techniques, including Cisco NetFlow, SNMP/RMON monitoring tools, packet sniffing, protocol analysis and bandwidth utilization
• Knowledge of converged infrastructures that incorporate network equipment, storage systems, and virtualization technologies
• Understanding of DevOps principals and demonstrated experience working with teams to implement automation and continuous integration
• Knowledge of configuration management and automation technology including Chef, Ansible, and PowerShell.
• Familiarity with modern containerization and orchestration platforms
• Familiarity with auditing and cybersecurity support tools such as Splunk, Nessus, offline patch management and protection against insider threats
• Knowledge and application of Agile Methodologies
• Ability to establish requirements and automation for routine maintenance
• Ability to provide pros/cons of different technologies for a given solution
• Ability to perform detailed research and generate engineering trade studies for emerging tools and cloud technologies
Clearance Level: TS/SCI w/Poly SP
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: Rotating 40 hour week as assigned by leader
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Cyber Security Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Herndon — Virginia
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map