Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Herndon, Virginia; King of Prussia, Pennsylvania; Littleton, Colorado
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Contracts Director to join our Mission Solutions (MSOL) Line of Business, a portfolio of programs supporting our USG and other USG Classified customers. The Director leads the Contracting function and oversees staff at the Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, Herndon, Virginia, and Colorado Springs and Denver, Colorado locations. Our portfolio continues to expand, and this assignment provides exceptional opportunities to shape the future and position for many future advancement opportunities.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Implement Prime contract strategies consistent with LM Space Business Area and Line of Business (LOB) strategic imperatives.
• Provide highly visible leadership to contracts personnel to ensure the team develops flexible contracting strategies to support needs of the LOB and LM Space goals.
• Partner with LOB and Space functional organizations to ensure contracting activities are vetted across multiple stakeholders including Legal, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Controller, and Compliance functions.
• Ensure each contract and proposal action is reviewed and approved consistent with the Delegation of Authority and that all documentation is complete per command media/policy.
•Develop, support, and maintain customer relationships to ensure positive and constructive interactions.
• Act as an advocate for diversity and inclusion and create opportunities for positive employee engagement.
• Manage and provide leadership for activities associated with contract management responsibilities including but not limited to:
o Proposal preparation and contract negotiations
o Assessment of terms and conditions to ensure the corporation is protected from unusual risk while sustaining or improving the future financial goals
o Representing complex contracting issues to executive leadership
o Coordinate and drive to resolution key business issues with legal, risk management, corporate contracts and LM Space leadership
o Contract closeouts and interface with Supply Chain leadership to ensure relevant contracting requirements are communicated and incorporated.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of our many benefits:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits .
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
• Extensive US Government (USG) customer interface with prime or sub-contracting experience across large programs.
• Leadership of prime contracts or subcontracts organizations with ability to identify strategic prime contracting solutions that support LOB goals, initiatives, and customer collaboration.
• Demonstrated Leadership experience supervising diverse teams and senior leaders, ability to demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership competencies.
• Significant experience in the drafting or interpretation of terms or policies, mentoring staff in contract negotiation and administration practices, and advocating for strategic business approaches as it relates to USG, commercial and international contracts with a strong understanding of the FAR and DFAR.
• Demonstrated ability to financially analyze terms and conditions and develop a coordinated business case approach to negotiations.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
• Secret clearance is required prior to start with the ability to obtain & maintain TS/SCI.
• Experience working strategic complex prime contract issues with both USG and commercial customers
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience managing geographically dispersed teams.
• Master's degree or Juris Doctor.
• Top Secret Security Clearance w/ recent (5yr) polygraph
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with Executive Leadership with the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly complex contractual issues at an Executive level Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: TS/SCI Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Contracts Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.