Business Development AnalystApply Now Job ID: 496510BR Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019 City: Herndon, Littleton, Sunnyvale State: California, Colorado, Virginia Program: BDEV
If you are a hardworking, dedicated, self-starter with a tenacious appetite for winning, come join our team as a Senior Staff Capture Manager supporting Commercial Civil Space opportunities within Lockheed Martin. You will collaborate with our Commercial Sales Team, Lockheed Martin International representatives, and in-country consultants to identify, filter, mature, and formulate winning campaign strategies for international opportunities. You will work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team. In this role, you will play a major role in the future success of Lockheed Martin!
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You support various Capture Excellence milestones, especially planning and performing as a review chair or volume lead role in (or leading where required) Pink and Red teams that include review team selection and coordination, in-brief, out-brief, lessons learned material, and analyses of associated databases (such as calendars, dashboards, and metrics).
• You provide verification of business objective compliance and substantiation of compelling value messages (developed in the Capture Strategy process) in support of a proposal team’s products.
• You support Lessons Learned post proposal submittal to assess overall capture effectivity and track Red Team metrics to provide means to assess proposal effectivity.
• Require establishment of broad network of Enterprise-wide contacts across all salary grades.
• You validate data across multiple report formats to ensure consistency of messages.
• You oversee on-going improvements identified on an ad hoc basis, provide tutorials on Please Review system use and identifies best practices for more effective use of the system, and manages all system changes including requirements definition and implementation schedule.
• You support Capture Strategy development teammates in the Capture Support team by facilitation of Capture Strategy milestones (Value Proposition Workshops, Black Hat support, and Gold/Blue Teams) as necessary.
• You support transition planning activities to ensure effective program start-up and execution.
• Supports the business rhythms of the Capture Strategy 7 Ops (CSO) organization, including, but not limited to, the LOB surge support and enterprise services on an adhoc basis.
• Be willing to support travel with short notice and work away from home for extended periods of time as required.
• Willing to work varying schedule with overtime as driven by proposal demands.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience; or 4 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered career, or journey, level.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Demonstrated relevant experience associated with capture planning and coordination involving critical reviews to ensure compliance and value for achieving a business win; proposal development experience that ensured incorporation of value themes and proper structure of proposals to align with Customer RFP/Solicitations, and strategy definition & implementation such as development of a Value Proposition / Value Delivery System.
• Current, active Secret clearance.
• Understanding and experience with the capture process.
• Demonstrated ability to build consensus and work successfully in groups.
• 3 years of capture and/or proposal development experience.
• Understanding of how the Capture Process contributes to achieving business wins and the company’s strategic goals.
• Experience with Gold and Blue Team Reviews, Offer Baselining and Transition to Execution.
• Strong customer knowledge and relationships in multiple customer sets.
• Ability to perform analyses and articulate constructive recommendations for improvement of proposal development and strategic messaging.
• Demonstrated business and organization understanding that enables successful cross-function, cross-organizational coordination to achieve capture objectives.
• Capture management CM101 course completed.
• Extensive experience with a capture process - opportunity qualification, leading VP/VDS, Strategy Sessions, Gold and Blue Team Reviews.
• Current, active Top Secret/SCI with CI Poly.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Business Development Clearance Level: TS/SCI Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.