Supplier Quality Engineer, Senior (Level 3)
Greenville, South Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Supplier Quality Engineer, Senior (Level 3)
Greenville, South Carolina
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:Supplier Quality Engineer, Senior
- This position is part of the LM Aero Supplier Quality Management (SQM) team, within the LM Aero Quality & Mission Success (Q&MS) organization, and is responsible for supply chain sourced product quality and material availability.
- This position is located in Greenville, SC.
- The selected Quality Engineer for this role will report to the Integrated Fight Group - Supplier Quality Integration (IFG-SQI) team which functions as the integration and interface point between SQM fielded personnel, suppliers, Co-Producers, program stakeholders (including supply chain, production & operations, quality, engineering, and program management) as well as customers (DCMA and Program Office), providing technical/process expertise and facilitation towards risk/impact mitigation and issue resolution.
- This position will utilize Quality Science tools and processes to ensure quality at source, material availability, and mitigate/eliminate/prevent disruptions to Production and Sustainment.
- This position will collaborate between various functions/resources/locations to assure compliance and continuous improvement. Towards this, scope of responsibilities will include: root cause, corrective, and preventive action investigation/determinations/validations and documentation, performing quality and cost data analysis, conducting/coordinating process and product evaluations, identifying risks/opportunities and developing/overseeing improvement and engagement plans.
- This role will provide regular analysis/reporting/status through standard work processes and adhoc support needs and will represent the IFG-SQI team and SQM organization in customer and stakeholder engagements, supporting or leading team actions and initiatives.
- The position may require up to 15% travel.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position supports facilities that requires special access.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical / STEM field or equivalent experience in Quality/Operations/Engineering.
- Practitioner of quality engagement and oversight.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications, and apply knowledge in troubleshooting technical issues and in developing/validating solutions
- Demonstrated ability identify and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative/qualitative analytical capabilities to communicate and influence others in concise, data driven methodologies.
- Experience and demonstrable proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrated familiarity and proficiency with LM Aero Q&MS/SQM systems and processes.
- Experience in the following areas: Production Quality, Build-to-Print or Tooling controlled components and assemblies, domestic and international supply chain engagement, executive and/or customer engagement experience.
- Demonstrated quality management system understanding and quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis & process control, sampling, six sigma, FAI, PPAP, PFMEA, process auditing or validation, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Lean Six Sigma Certification, and/or related Technical Background/Experience.
- Ability to support large areas of responsibility, develop engagement/execution plans, and execute assignments.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally, build consensus, and shape/influence opinions.
- Emerging leadership skills and experience with managing projects. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: QA/Test and Inspection Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.