Production/Training Pilot Senior Staff, F-16 Program (OCONUS)
Greenville, South Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Production/Training Pilot Senior Staff, F-16 Program (OCONUS)
Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team as a F-16 qualified Instructor pilot for a position in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to perform platform instruction, flight instruction and upgrade experience training of UAE national pilot candidates. (Note: The selected candidate will deploy from their current US location).
This position Instructs F-16 pilots of the UAE Air Force in flight procedures and techniques in ground school courses and flight training. Prepares lesson plans. Acts as a subject matter expert by applying advanced technical concepts in the area of aviation and provides assistance in creation of training material. Assists in the preparation of schedules, maintenance of training records and ensures that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student. Evaluates and monitors students’ performance. This position is typically represented by an experienced pilot.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Must be a current or former USAF F-16 Instructor Pilot with a minimum of 1000 flight hours in 4th and/or 5th generation fighter aircraft.
• Recent experience instructing in the F-16 aircraft and its systems
• Candidate must have experience in USAF Pilot Academic and Simulator Training.
• Candidate must have operational experience with advanced sensor systems such as Night Vision Goggles (NVG) employment, Targeting Pod employment including Sniper, Lightening, LANTIRN, etc.) Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System and advanced weapons employment.
• Candidate must be experienced with current instructional techniques and delivery methods.
• Must have in-depth experience with USAF publications and an understanding of 4th and/or 5th generation fighter aircraft systems.
• Must be proficient with computers, multi-media equipment, and platform instruction.
• Candidate must have experience working in an international environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of diverse natures.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) is required.
• Must have valid passport
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Must have at minimum an Interim DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to starting. Must be able to obtain a Final DoD Secret Security Clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Experience with F-16 international pilot training curriculum
• Familiarity with F-16 contractor program requirements
• Extensive knowledge of F-16 systems for various blocks and models of aircraft
• F-16 Full Mission Simulator and Weapons System Trainer experience
• F-16 Functional Check Flight Pilot experience
• Experience briefing and working closely with senior USAF and foreign government Air Force officers
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent leadership traits, strong oral & written communication abilities, solid ability to organize, and a high desire to provide customer satisfaction.
• Positive attitude and cultural understanding to effectively accomplish both Lockheed Martin and foreign government training program goals. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Test Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.