Material Review (MRB) Engineer Senior (Level 3)
Greenville, South Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Material Review (MRB) Engineer Senior (Level 3)
Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
The Material Review Engineer, covering F-16 Production Operations with Material Review (MRB) will provide support for detail fabrication, sub-assembly, component assembly, and mate through delivery operations.
Assignment is located in Greenville, SC.
Primary duties of this assignment include anomaly investigation, technical solution development and coordination, and preparation and release of dispositions related to discrepancies on high performance aircraft detail parts, assemblies, installations and finishes.
MRB engineering candidate will be required to coordinate across a large number of functional areas and LM Aero sites, including Stress/DADT, Quality Assurance, Planning, Functional Test, Structures and Systems Design groups, Safety, Materials and Processes and Flight Sciences. Chosen candidate will work closely with the production floor, support process improvements, incorporate best practices into daily operations, and coordinate lessons learned and corrective action. Must possess experience with making timely decisions and possess the ability to understand and manage financial impacts created by specific decisions.
Candidate must value and support diversity.
Candidate will be open to participating in temporary duty assignments for a duration of 1-2 months at domestic and international facilities as onsite MR support. Business travel will also be expected to these locations on an occasional basis.
Assignment will require a willingness to participate in occasional temporary rotations on other shifts (2nd & 3rd) to support operations.
Candidate selected will be subject to a government evaluation and will be required to obtain Material Review certification and a secret clearance.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
-Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Civil Engineering
-Prior experience with aircraft design, assembly, or repair.
-MRB Experience Preferred
-Experience with aircraft materials and limitations, state-of-the-art measurement and tooling techniques, field maintenance and repair support.
-Prior Material Review experience desired.
-Strong internal and external customer focus.
-Ability to make technical decisions and evaluations of non-conforming products with little outside input, accurate disposition information, and in an expedient manner.
-Desired skills include CATIA V4 and/or V5, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with JSF tools and processes including PDM, JDL, VAS, ALIS and QADs.
-Blueprint reading/ GD&T.
- Familiarity with most types of aircraft materials and fabrication processes such as composites, metals, harness wiring, tubing, ducting, and general engineering principles is desired.
- Prior internships or experience with military aircraft design, assembly, or repair is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Desired skills include CATIA V4/V5 or similar design software.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Logical problem solver.
- Self-starting, multi-tasker.
- Some weekend, off shift and holiday work is required.
- Basic structural analysis in solution development is required. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Aeronautical Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.