F-16 Structures Technician
Greenville, South Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
F-16 Structures Technician
Greenville, South Carolina
international travel; based out of Greenville, SC.
Heavy Depot Level Maintenance, Repair and modification of the aircraft structure and major subassembly's. Plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair various sheet metal and structural assemblies and sub-assemblies utilizing precision measuring equipment.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
The candidate will be exposed to repetitive movements and work overhead. The candidate will be required to use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- 6-8 years of F-16 or fighter aircraft structural repair or aircraft sheet metal experience
- Must have a craftsman level (7-Level USAF) in
a like position, system or equivalent i.e.… Navy, Army or A&P experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes
- Ability to identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Knowledge and ability to perform multiple skill requirements
- Willing to be trained and/or certified in special skills Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leaderSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Technicians Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.