F-16 Aircraft Production Superintendent (Level 4)
Greenville, South Carolina
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
F-16 Aircraft Production Superintendent (Level 4)
Greenville, South Carolina
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 30,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Team for this expatriate long-term assignment, serving as the second shift F-16 In-country Production Superintendent overseeing Lockheed Martin (LM) Aeronautics Completion Managers, Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation’s (AIDC) Dock Supervisors and touch labor team in Taichung, Taiwan. Note: The selected candidate will not be required to relocate to South Carolina, but can deploy to Taiwan from their current location.
• This position is for leading production efforts on 2nd shift
• Provide direction to the AIDC Dock Supervisors for F-16 International Sustainment Operations team in Taiwan to support modification kit installation with emphasis on quality, schedule, and cost reduction. Will also coordinate job tasks with customer, ensure modification schedule performance, ensure flow of information and training of customer and subcontractor personnel, and ensure the LM Aero in-country team performs required tasks.
• Ensure modification activities are implemented per established modification plans. Advise team on methods to manage modification risks, tooling issues, installation planning development, schedule impacts, and aircraft compliance specifications.
• Provide interpretation of reference planning and recommendations on sequencing the modification tasks to improve efficiencies during kit installation.
• Provide technical support for drawing, specification, and technical order interpretation.
• Support trouble-shooting, cause and corrective action activities as well as workaround plans.
• Provide consultation and support on quality issues such as mandatory inspection recommendations and inspection points for quality checks during the kit installation.
• Provide technical support during Operation checkout upon completion of the modification. Influence and guide Sustainment Operations staffing to establish creative solutions and make sound business decisions.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities to insure effective feedback & timely team support to Sustainment Operations leadership, and F-16 Program Teams.
• Demonstrate LM Critical Behaviors, demonstrate a positive attitude, promote cooperation and improved communication with International Accounting and Aircraft Maintenance & Support Engineering.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Experience with F16 aircraft modification/overhaul.
• Experience leading an aircraft production or modification team with multiple disciplines
• Experience providing technical assistance
• Planning experience
• Support equipment experience
• Experience with aircraft and/or maintenance procedures, production build disciplines.
• Experience reading and understanding F-16 aircraft engineering drawings and documents.
• Must possess at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to starting. Must be able to obtain a Final Secret Security Clearance.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Project management experience
• Experience working with Foreign Nationals and working within foreign cultures.
• Demonstrated experience in leading multi-disciplined team, providing program/modification management and technical assistance consultation, international office management, Time Compliance Technical Orders, Job guides, Crew Board, Crew Loading and Work Plans.
• Experience interfacing with all levels of foreign government and LM Aero management.
• Knowledge of International Human Resources foreign assignment policies and procedures, as well as in-country Operating Procedures.
• Understanding of basic program management principles and applications, expertise in developing technical and manufacturing/modification solutions in an international environment.
• Background in F-16 modification and production a definite plus. Excellent communication skills and a thorough knowledge of production tooling application and manufacturing processes.
• Good organizational skills. Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Non- standard 40 hour work week as assigned by leader Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: Second
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.