UAE International Business Development Senior Manager
Grand Prairie, Texas; Orlando, Florida
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
UAE International Business Development Senior Manager
Grand Prairie, Texas; Orlando, Florida
Description:International Business Development (IBD) Manager for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Areas of responsibility include all LMMFC products in UAE.
• This position reports to the Director, Missiles and Fire Control International, LMMFC.
• The subject matter expert on Middle East (ME) culture and business processes; develops and leads customer relations for all MFC programs in UAE and serves as the MFC Country Coordinator
• Develop and assist with strategy/vision development for new business and partnership opportunities with a focus on the expansion of LM products/services.
• Provide advice, guidance and assistance to LM personnel and LOBs.
• Provide liaison with all partners, Embassies, UAE industry/businesses, American Chamber of Commerce and various business councils. Establish and maintain key relationships among key military leaders and senior country officials.
• Assist with all MFC regional conferences and trade shows and when required represent LMMFC at key conferences/symposiums.
• Provide oversight of employees assigned to UAE MFC’s programs and administrative areas.
• Advise senior MFC leadership on the strategic direction of the business.
• Closely coordinate with Program Directors, their staffs and other functional organizations.
• Identify adjacent business opportunities; establish and execute the strategy to capture those opportunities.
• Coordinate activities with appropriate US government offices and Country Teams to garner and sustain their support and to ascertain current status of initiatives within the US Government.
• Monitor Foreign Military Sales contract negotiations with the US Government and participate in Direct Commercial Sales contract negotiations with foreign customers.
• Conduct business in strict compliance with all corporate and company command media and within applicable state, federal, and international regulations.
• Chosen candidate will be required to live in Abu Dhabi, UAE for the duration of the assignment.
• Arabic, intermediate proficiency.
• 15+ years of business development and/or operational experience
• International business experience with knowledge of cultures and customs. Particular experience and knowledge of Middle East culture.
• Superior knowledge of potential customers and demonstrated customer relations skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and proven success leading high-performing organizations
• Complete understanding of the Department of Defense budgeting and acquisition processes and ability to relate them to the Foreign Military Sales program
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to clearly articulate strategies at multiple levels of business and government
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Team Player – effective at organizing and motivating a diverse set of individuals in pursuit of common objectives
• Deal closer – highly effective at bringing tasks and projects to a successful and timely conclusion
• Ability to understand and interpret international customers' needs and requirements and relate them back to programmatic processes
• A high degree of flexibility and the ability to travel worldwide without restriction. Must be able to operate and thrive in a fast paced international environment. Must be self motivated and able to operate with minimal guidance and succeed in a highly competitive arena.
•Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- Willingness to take an expatriate assignment for a minimum of 3 years
In depth operational and strategic experience
with LMMFC products and programs and
• Technical knowledge of (or experience with)
precision weapons, associated delivery platforms
and their operational use
• Experience in US Armed Forces, US DOD, C4I,
and/or major system acquisition
• Demonstrated capture expertise
• Post Graduate degree in Business or
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and
knowledge of other Microsoft utilities (e.g., Live
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Business Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.
Explore the Area
Grand Prairie — Texas
What should you and your team members do after work? Find the best places to hang out around the city.View Map