Sr. Component Engineer
Grand Prairie, Texas; Huntsville, Alabama; Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Sr. Component Engineer
Grand Prairie, Texas; Huntsville, Alabama; Littleton, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. That’s where THAAD comes in – it's one of the most advanced missile defense systems in the world and is ready to take on the challenge. Learn more about THAAD: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/thaad.html
As a Component Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role you will:
• Participate in Electrical/ Electronic/ Electromechanical (EEE) Parts Engineering technical assignments related to hardware manufacturing and testing. Assignments will include technical evaluation and support of manufacturing issues/concerns
• Have a hand in the development of the program EEE Parts management plan, the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of EEE Parts
• Prepare technical and progress reports on assigned tasks, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
• Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
If selected you will need to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
We're looking for:
• A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
• A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically diverse team to resolve technical issues
• Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
• Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
• Someone willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
• Technical leadership of small teams or projects
• Proven ability to communicate key project information or recommendations to Program management and /or Customers
Typically looking for 9 years of professional experience
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• BS in Physics, Engineering, Electrical or related discipline.
• Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) parts related experience or field of study to include integrated circuits, transistors, diodes and capacitor.
• Ability to differentiate between commercial and high reliability aerospace and defense electronics
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Experience evaluating EEE parts for use in aerospace applications
• Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineering.
• Excellent writing and interpersonal communication is a must.
• Must be able to obtain and a DOD security clearance.
• Proven experience in the analysis of passive EEE parts, semiconductor physics and/or operation of parts such as hybrids, IC's and capacitors
• Experience with EEE parts testing, failure analysis and non-conformance resolution and disposition experience.
• Experience working collaboratively with customers and teammates
• Knowledge of avoiding and mitigating counterfeit part usage
• Knowledge of design, manufacturing, materials and processes for EEE parts
• Experience in participating in major program milestone reviews such as PDR and CDR
• Influencing corporate and industry standards
• Active Secret Clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Materials Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.