Senior Systems Requirements Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX)
Grand Prairie, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Senior Systems Requirements Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX)
Grand Prairie, Texas
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in Grand Prairie, Texas!
We are looking for an energetic engineer, looking to grow their skills, while working in a team environment including both new and highly experienced engineers. You would provide system engineering design and analysis support for our Army air and missile defense programs.
• Requirements development, system design, trade studies and interface development.
• Performs analyses for total systems at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Click here to learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Click here to hear directly from LM employees about our company and culture!
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Grand Prairie is part of the “Mid-Cities” region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
• Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret security clearance.
• Synthesizing design characteristics into an implementable system requirements and architecture.
• Development of interfaces for integration of new subsystem.
• Working the flow of system level requirements to testable structures and modular hardware and software using DOORS.
• Performing detail system verification activities including definition of verification methodology.
• The develop of Missile Interface Requirements Specifications.
• Supporting program level design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR).
• Maintaining upward and downward traceability of requirements between levels of system hierarchy.
• Maintaining documentation to trace critical requirements to customer documents, design decisions, trade studies, and other major program documents.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience with the following:
• A development program, and capturing design decisions into trade studies, architecture documents and requirements.
• Military systems, including missiles, sensors and their sub-systems, such as solid rocket motors, control actuation systems, navigation systems and similar.
• MBSE in a tool such as Rhapsody or Cameo. Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.