Manufacturing Engineer Senior / Grand Prairie, TX
Grand Prairie, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Manufacturing Engineer Senior / Grand Prairie, TX
Grand Prairie, Texas
This position will require the Manufacturing Engineer to contact other functions as required to solve issues that arise during production. Frequent communication and collaboration with other disciplines including Process Engineering, Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, Global Supply Chain, Finance, Production Planning and Control, Contracts, Master Planning, and Program Management are required. Being able to build relationships and work in a collaborative environment with others is essential.
The position will involve evaluating Notification of Change (NOC) that are submitted to determine if a Production Line Validation (PLV) will be required. The Manufacturing Engineer will be expected to lead PLV events at Lockheed Martin and supplier sites as required.
• Creating and/or maintaining Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work and Make/Buy documents
• Submitting Design Change Request (CR) and reviewing Engineering Change Notices (CN)
• Aiding in affordability initiatives for the program
• Working with Production Operations, including hourly/union workforce
• May be called upon to create and/or present material to upper leadership and/or the customer
• Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Manufacturing background
• Demonstrated effective communication skills including verbal, listening, technical writing and presentations
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, including team building, collaboration and developing enduring business relationships
• Ability to liaison between LM Subcontractors, internal disciplines, and Production Operations
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve technical/process issues varying from basic to very complex
• Ability to interpret drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other systems integration technical data
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) modeling
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to travel domestic and/or international
• Bachelors or higher degree in technical discipline (mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, etc.)
• Experience in design for manufacturing / assembly or design to cost
• Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Experience with machining, welding, casting, and/or mechanical assembly
• Knowledge of the SAP MRP production control system
• Experience working with Government customers
• Self-motivated, performs work with general direction
• Earned Value Management experience
• Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
• Experience with proposals / estimating
• Ability to obtain a security clearance Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Manufacturing Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.