Cyber Research Scientist / Remote
Grand Prairie, Texas; Orlando, Florida
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Cyber Research Scientist / Remote
Grand Prairie, Texas; Orlando, Florida
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. We deliver full-spectrum cyber capabilities and cyber resilient systems to our defense, intelligence community, and global security customers. Lockheed Martin is inspired by their missions and dedicated to helping governments and militaries around the world protect their platforms, systems, networks, and data.
Daily activities include: performing advanced R&D on cyber programs, technology development/implementation, assessing threats/vulnerabilities, leading technical teams, writing technical white papers/proposals, and supporting customer needs (meetings, calls, emails, demonstrations, etc.). In this role, you will demonstrate a strong ability to work across organizational boundaries and jurisdictions and lead cross-discipline teams in the development of cyber solutions. A successful candidate will work effectively throughout the Lockheed Martin organization.
Lockheed Martin has a world class benefits package and a Flex 4/10 work schedule where you would have every Friday off!
Work Location: It is strongly preferred that the candidate be able to work at the Orlando, FL facility on Sand Lake Road or the Grand Prairie, TX facility on W. Marshall Dr. However full-time telecommuters will be considered.
• A cyber subject matter expert with advanced systems, software, and security engineering skillsets. Cyber technical experience with embedded systems/software/firmware.
• Demonstrated experience of advanced cyber research and development projects
• Capable to see and understand emerging cyber technology and market trends
• Team player – Effective at organizing and motivating a diverse set of individuals to act as “one” in the pursuit of common objectives. Ability to build effective customer and partner relationships
• Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
• Independent worker
• Active secret clearance or higher
• Government Contract Research and Development (CRAD) experience with Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), Office of Naval Research (ONR), Army Research Lab (ARL), Intelligence Community (IC), and Classified customers
• Current knowledge of cyber Department of Defense (DoD) S&T (Science & Technologies) environment and acquisition process; ideally experienced in systems/software security technology development and implementation on Government programs.
• Cyber R&D experience. Experienced with cyber technology development in DoD lifecycles; ideally from early concept/vulnerability identification, thru development/prototyping, and then the integration into customer product lines and core businesses.
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary to clearly articulate technology development and market entry strategies to both internal and external organizations
• A proven record of demonstrated skills in identifying of cyber needs, working with R&D customers/partners to shape requirements, and developing advanced cyber systems for DoD customers.
• Hardware trust and assurance experience for secure processing and microelectronics.
• Cyber R&D project leadership and strategic thinking skills – understands the “big picture” analysis from cyber technological and business case perspectives Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Full-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work remotely full time at a location other than a Lockheed Martin designated office/job site. Employees may travel to a Lockheed Martin office for periodic meetings.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROLRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Program Management Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.