Ordnance Mechanic Associate
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Ordnance Mechanic Associate
Perform various maintenance, handling, receipt/shipment, and storage tasks associated with Trident II missiles. Conduct mate/demate operations in the vertical missile processing building and the service unit. Ensure strict procedural compliance is adhered to.
Become certified and act as an Ordnance Mechanic in the Vertical Missile Packaging Building and during Service Unit/Missile Service Unit Operations. Position involves daily interface with various customer organizations including Navy, Marine Corps, contractors, and civil service personnel. Good communication skills, both orally and written are necessary. Occasional shift work will be required.Work with technical assistance and guidance. Work with progressively less guidance and instruction as knowledge, skill, and experience in classification increases.
Assist in/and or perform the determination of the sequence of events and equipment required to perform any post DD250 final assembly and disassembly tasks related to missile operations such as package, unpackage, modification, repair, checkout, testing, movement, removal and installation of mechanical and electrical components, mate and demate of reentry bodies and related operations.
Assist in the performance of missile preset testing involving connection to and operation of missile checkout equipment.
Perform authorized repairs, component replacement, test, checkout and inspection of reentry bodies.
Assist in/and or perform the operation of all equipment required to position major vehicle components and support equipment and make alterations and repairs to support and/or handling equipment.
Perform classified courier responsibilities.
Assist in/and or perform duties associated with management of the nuclear weapons COSAL system, such as initiating requisitions, inventory control, etc.
While in this classification, demonstrate the ability to independently perform the work described in the Ordnance Mechanic Senior classification.
- Possess an elementary knowledge of product final assembly, disassembly, handling, and testing typically gained through a minimum of 12 months experience in an industrial environment or equivalent.
- Familiarity in procedural disciplines and ability to follow a set of instructions.
- Possess mechanical aptitude and the ability to use general purpose hand tools.
- Skilled in the use of computers and ability to learn new computer applications.
- Ability to qualify for and maintain certifications/qualifications and/or licenses to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to meet and maintain the requirements of the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
- Physical requirements include: frequent prolonged standing, ability to climb vertical ladders, manual lifting of up to 45 pounds, and ability to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities should be considerable and readily apparent through the description of prior job experience.
- Must be willing to work around missile body sections, ordnance, and radiation producing devices and work swing and graveyard shifts as required to support operational commitments.
- Minimum of a High School education.
- Proven record of safe work practices.
- Previous experience safely performing detailed work to exacting standards.
- Ability to read and safely follow detailed technical drawings, procedures, and specifications.
- Possess an adequate knowledge of preventative and corrective maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, high level of personal attributes/qualities, motivational fit.
- Working knowledge of VMPB and Service Unit/Missile Service Unit operations/
- FBM program experience and knowledge of Lockheed Martin-SWFLANT business operations is a plus.
- Current or previous Top Secret clearance.
- Currently or previously enrolled in the Personnel Reliability Program (PRP). Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday offSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Hourly/Non-ExemptBusiness Unit: SPACERelocation Available: NoCareer Area: Technicians Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.