Systems Administrator Staff (Level 4)Apply Now Job ID: 527964BR Date posted: Jun. 03, 2020 City: Fort WorthState: Texas Program: F35
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world's fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan ahead, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
Joining the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics ALIS team opens a world of educational and experiential development opportunities for you. Tuition Assistance is available for undergraduate and graduate degree programs as wells as professional and technical certifications to help you gain the specialized skills for personal and professional growth. Professionally, ALIS IT Service administrators develop skills that help to maintain the system and supports the F-35 warfighter. With experience, leadership opportunities become available as squadron leads, technical experts, and functional personnel leaders. At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values you, your skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced System Administrator (with Database administration experience) for the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) in Ft. Worth, Tx supporting Development Test (DT).
In this role, the system Administrator is responsible for providing the overall on-site ALIS maintenance and support and serves as the primary point of contact for any customer questions or concerns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures backups, restores, and disaster recovery of the system
• Oversees and performs hardware/system monitoring and performance tuning
• System/software/user maintenance and Maintaining system documentation
• Setting up administrator and service accounts
• Installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space
• Interacting daily with system administrators and users as a Subject Matter Expert for ALIS products
• Ensuring the smooth, secure operation of multi-user computer systems through coordination with other administrative disciplines (security, database, network, and offboard mission Support) leads
• Develop, assess, and provide training to System Administrators and users on the ALIS system as needed
• Develops processes/procedures, performs metrics collection and analysis
This position requires the ability to work varied shifts and flexible schedules to meet customer mission requirements
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and an active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation closure date within the last 6 years to be considered.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Fort Worth, TX
The successful candidate will:
• System administrator experience
• Leadership experience
• Candidates must hold an active DoD Secret clearance
In addition to the basic requirements above, the successful candidate may have one or more of the following:
• Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, etc.)
• Demonstrated system and database administration experience, which may include:
o Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (e.g., Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
o Disaster recovery: backups and restores of physical servers (Win2012) and virtual machines
o User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
o Applying operating system updates, anti-virus/anti-spyware updates, and patch updates
o Experience troubleshooting Web Applications
o Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases
o SQL/PL-SQL knowledge to execute/troubleshoot scripts and performance tune databases
o Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery (hot and cold)
o Installing Oracle Critical Patches, reviewing tables and DBA views for issues, and locating user session data
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin products and processes, to include the JSF ALIS hardware and software
• Prior fighter aircraft maintenance experience
• Prior leadership position and experience working in a matrixed functional environment
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Information TechnologyClearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 6 yearsType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su offShift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.