System Safety Engineer SrApply Now Job ID: 530660BR Date posted: Jun. 30, 2020 City: Fort WorthState: Texas
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
The selected candidate will support System Safety Engineering efforts for military fighter/attack/trainer aircraft programs. The candidate will support System Safety Program Plan development and execution. Position requires performing analyses for hazard identification, evaluation and control using quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques typically used in the design of aircraft weapon systems and sustainment activities. The candidate should be capable of performing qualitative and quantitative hazard analyses to conduct risk assessments and trade studies needed to evaluate and optimize design choices and recommend appropriate controls to mitigate safety hazards. This position requires extensive interface and coordination of system safety activities with design teams, suppliers, internal management and external customers. The candidate should be able to assist the customer in developing and executing a System Safety Program Plan that defines the specific approaches, tasks, roles, and responsibilities required to achieve overall system-level safety performance objectives. The candidate should also have an understanding of adjacent disciplines for efficient collaboration and trade-offs supporting all program objectives.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
• Bachelors degree or above in a engineering discipline.
• Possesses technical knowledge / experience with fighter and military trainer aircraft design.
• Experience in System Safety Engineering.
• Experience leading a project or team
• Experience with military or government programs
• Must have a final secret clearance prior to start
• Aircraft Operational Experience
• Knowledge of Pilot Interface systems such as cockpit displays, controls and related systems including life support and escape systems.
• Previous military aircraft program management experience
• Experience working with international customers and suppliers
• Experience with Export Control Compliance
• Experience with communicating cross-functionally
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Government Contract execution experience
• Demonstrated ability to deal with highly complex and challenging customer and supplier relationships
• Experience with Aeronautical system design
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: YesCareer Area: Systems Engineering: OtherClearance Level: SecretType: Full-TimeVirtual Location: noWork Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su offShift: First Apply Now
Together, Let's Change The World for the Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.