Software Engineer - Level 4
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineer - Level 4
Fort Worth, Texas
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Software Engineer - Level 4
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
The selected candidate will be a member of the Mission Assurance team under the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Engineering and Technology department located in Fort Worth, Texas. This organization is dedicated to the research and development of protection technologies used on numerous Lockheed Martin Aeronautics programs.
The job entails executing multiple concurrent assignments within a small team where the selected candidate will be responsible for the development of software-level requirements, architecture, design, code, unit tests, and user documentation for a support equipment application. The application being developed encompasses both embedded software and user-driven software. The application will be developed to support user interaction and execution automation. The job includes rapid prototyping and development using multiple software IDEs and in multiple software languages as well as COTS and custom communication protocols including interfaces and infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., internal and external messaging among processes on multiple systems, control and monitoring, and failure processing).
The task necessitates that the candidate be dedicated, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and work well with other engineers to accomplish program goals within cost and schedule. The work will adhere to program-level engineering processes and necessitate the ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
The selected candidate will lead and support product demonstrations and product reviews, present and lead technical presentations for various audiences including customers and senior management, interact with internal and external subject matter experts, as well as address feedback in a timely manner.
The selected candidate will provide technical coaching and mentoring to early-career team members.
The job entails periodic travel within the continental United States. The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
The selected applicant will be subjected to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (SAP/SAR). The selected applicant must maintain eligibility for continued access to classified information throughout their employment as required by the job.
• Must have a final DoD Top Secret clearance to start and the ability to obtain a top-secret clearance with SAP/SAR caveats.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Fort Worth, TX
This position is in Fort Worth, TX Discover Fort Worth.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM discipline; or equivalent experience/combined education, with nine (9) years of professional experience; or seven (7) years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Minimum five (5) years professional experience developing with C/C++
• Minimum three (3) years professional experience developing with C# and WPF
• Minimum three (3) years professional experience designing software architectures using OOA, OOD concepts.
• Experience working in a Special Access Programs area desired.
• Modular, multi-core, and multi-threaded programming in C++ and C#.
• User interface development for Microsoft Windows using WPF (or similar).
• Experience using software development IDEs for Windows and Linux including the use of compilers, linkers, and debuggers.
• Experience in developing and presenting engineering level documentation including operational concepts, requirements capture and decomposition, interface design, software design, and unit test cases.
• Mature time management practices.
• Agile techniques and practices.
• Experience using Git and Gitlab for configuration management, continuous integration, and continuous deployment activities.
• Development in an FPGA-based environment using FPGA toolsets and soft cores.
• MLS/MILS software development.
• Working knowledge and understanding of operating systems and networking.
• Knowledge of cryptography and key management.
• Familiarity with protection technology development Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 6 years Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.