Software Engineer - Embedded - Level 2
Fort Worth, Texas
At Lockheed Martin, we apply our passion for purposeful innovation to keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges.
Mission-Focused Innovation: From aerospace to outer space to cyber space, you can solve the world's most complex challenges for our customers.
Foundational Values: Our culture of performance excellence, ethics, teamwork and inclusion is embedded in everything we do.
Diverse Career Opportunities with Meaningful Work: Grow your career and skills for life. Our technology-driven learning platforms and programs enable your development and agility.
Your Health, Your Wealth, Your Life: Our flexible schedules, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits enable you to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work.
Empowered to Be Your Best: Use your strengths to make a difference in the lives of one another, our customers, our communities and our planet.
Commitment to Sustainability: We foster innovation, integrity and security to preserve the environment, strengthen diverse communities and propel growth.
Here, the possibilities are endless because we offer:
- Flexible Schedules, dependent on role
- Levels: Student, Entry, Mid, Senior, Management
- Locations: Nationwide & OCONUS Positions
See what it takes to be a successful Lockheed Martin employee.
There is no innovation without imagination. You bring new, different and exciting ideas to the table every day. You are committed to the success of your team.
The ability to explore and drive new ideas. You think innovatively to come up with creative solutions to complex challenges.
From planning and organizing to decision making, goal orientation produces impactful results. You set goals and strive to make things happen quickly and efficiently.
The ability to anticipate, plan and prepare for what lies ahead. You act rather than react to potential situations.
You work to tackle tough problems with complex solutions.
You observe, reflect and analyze processes to make more informed decisions.
“Before I came to Lockheed Martin, I never thought I’d get these opportunities. The benefits available and the company’s value culture make it an incredibly supportive place to work, and I’m grateful to work somewhere that wants me to succeed. I hope to have a long career here making an impact, and I know I’ll be supported in doing that every step of the way.”Ryan J., Enterprise Operations
Medical, Dental and Vision coverage is available for employees who opt-in.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions.
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement and career-building programs.
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Our generous parental leave policies support your journey into parenthood. When you return to work, our facilities offer mother's rooms to support your transition and work/life balance.
Paid Time Off
We offer PTO, paid holidays and paid time off for jury duty and military obligations.
Depending on the position, we offer flexible work schedules.
Software Engineer - Embedded - Level 2
Fort Worth, Texas
Description:At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking engineering creativity to new heights. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defy gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless. Our Mission Assurance team under our Combat Systems directorate is responsible for developing technologies that protect our critical capabilities. From hardware, software, and systems design, the protection technologies created by our team are complementary cyber protection technologies and are relied on by so many. We value creativity, diverse perspectives, and big thinkers, care to join us.
You will join a welcoming and inclusive team of skilled individuals where you matter and contribute solutions to help our customers keep people safe. You will join an organization dedicated to the research and development of protection technologies used on numerous Lockheed Martin Aeronautics programs. Shape, advance, and most significantly, make your own mark with our growing team in Fort Worth, Texas.
As a Software Engineer with our team, ultimately, you will have the potential to impact programs enterprise-wide with the protection capabilities you create. As someone who is fluent in your craft, you will find yourself influencing everything from requirements, architecture, design, code, and unit testing to user documentation for support equipment applications. The software for these applications will be embedded and user-driven and used to support user interaction and execution automation. You will also be uniquely positioned to recognize areas for improvement, foster collaborative relationships, and mentor junior team members to success. Beyond that, you may also find yourself:
• Providing technical coaching and mentoring to early-career team members.
• Leading and supporting product demonstrations and product reviews, presenting and leading technical presentations for various audiences including customers and senior management.
• Rapid prototyping and developing using multiple software IDEs and in multiple software languages as well as COTS and custom communication protocols including interfaces and infrastructure in support of operations (e.g., internal and external messaging among processes on multiple systems, control and monitoring, and failure processing).
• Candidate must have at a minimum a BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 3 years’ experience with developing embedded real-time software in “C” or “C++”.
• Knowledge of Computer Architecture and software data structures
• Experience working in a Special Access Program Facility
• Secret Clearance to start with ability to obtain Top Secret
• Knowledge and experience working with Agile development process
• Use of Git and GitLab for software development
• Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms
• Experience working with FPGA
• Hardware software interfacing
• Embedded OS (Linux, VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity)
• Multi-core processing environments and hypervisors
• Working knowledge of gcc, g++, and Visual Studio on Linux and Windows OS’s
• Experience working in a Special Access Facility Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years Other Important Information You Should Know Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings. Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits. Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.Experience Level: Experienced ProfessionalBusiness Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANYRelocation Available: PossibleCareer Area: Software Engineering Type: Full-Time Shift: First
Together, Let's Change The World For The Better.
From green energy to aerospace, there are so many ways you can make a difference with us.